Juke'n the Uke book

aquadan

Reaction score
Has anyone used this book, and if so is it appropriate for a beginner at fingerstyle work on the uke?

I love the old style blues songs and used to drive the drunk college students crazy when I had a blues radio show and would play the old stuff instead of Stevie Ray Vaughan. Never thought I'd try to play it myself though.

Search for threads started by Ukeval. He's posted several from the book here, such as Dill Pickle Rag. He inspired me to buy the book just because some of the music sounds like so much fun to play. :)

Listing on Amazon give's a peek inside for an idea on contents. It just went on my book list. Beginner? or Beginning fingerstylist?
The problem with Amazon's preview in most tab books is that they give you the cover, table of contents and then page after page of intro (how to read tab and/or standard notation) but then fail to include a single page of actual music from the book. :(

I wouldn't call it a book for beginners or even beginning fingerpickers. But if you can read tab and pick a little, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. The rhythms aren't overly complicated.

Most of the tunes are for low G, a few for high G and some for "bottleneck style" with tunings like GBDG or GECG.

I think I'll buy the book regardless and if it's too advanced, it'll give me a goal to work up to.
Now, that's the spirit! You'll get there. :) Yeah, I bought Jake's book, too, and I'd say this one is considerably more accessible. :p

Top Bottom