Appalachia Waltz - Fiddle Tune on Low G

peewee

Reaction score
A low G uke has the same bass note as a violin. Here's a fiddle tune adapted for low G. Seems like a natural source of more instrumental material. I put this in the "what's up with Uncle Elvis' Seasons week" thread, which has kinda gone dead..

It's a tune by Mark O'Connor called Appalachia Waltz.
A group of my daughter's violin teacher's students performed it recently, with a myself and another dad as the backup rhythm chord men. That got old fast, so I took my limited music reading and arranging skills and a low G uke, along with the sheet music from Mark O'Connor's Violin Method book, and here is the result:

very VERY nicely played Peter, gorgeous tune. I've got a brilliant live DVD of Mark O'Connor, Yo Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer. Don't know if you've seen or heard it, but well worth a quiet night in with a bottle of red...

Appalachian Journey

very VERY nicely played Peter, gorgeous tune. I've got a brilliant live DVD of Mark O'Connor, Yo Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer. Don't know if you've seen or heard it, but well worth a quiet night in with a bottle of red...

Appalachian Journey

Hi Jon, I saw some of that online, some amazing improvisations between those three.

Lovely work Peewee, I'm a sucker for a waltz, especially on the uke.
1,2,3...1,2,3...are you part Austrian? thanks

Top Bottom