1963 - New Order (80's Uke Cover)

erivel

Reaction score
My brother Kevin (Cave) is back for a visit from New Jersey. We had some time to make a couple of vids yesterday. This one is a favorite New Order tune of mine. I'm playing my Kamaka Soprano and Cave is gently rocking on the Ohana baritone. I messed around with the synth, bass, and drum sounds on GarageBand. Hope you like!

New Order on Ukelele

When I first saw the title 1963 - New Order (80's Uke Cover) I couldn't help but click on your link, being a New Order fan and also a new to Uke fan. Loved your rendition of this song. Well done. Have you tried any of their other songs?

Rachael

Last edited:
When I first saw the title 1963 - New Order (80's Uke Cover) I couldn't help but click on your link, being a New Order fan and also a new to Uke fan. Loved your rendition of this song. Well done. Have you tried any of their other songs?

Rachael

Thanks Racheal! I've covered a bunch of New Order, mostly on guitar. I love doing the whole Low Life album. I'll probably figure it all out on uke next.

this is killer, Eric - just right - the subtle synth and beats are great..... haven't heard this in years. I had the old 'True Faith' 12inch and this was on it..... almost wore it out my freshman year of high school.

Man-that sounds great! Good job and thanks for sharing this.

That pretty much rocks it! I've heard of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Now I've heard of Cave and the Bad Seed. Lol

You did Love Vigilantes on guitar with static video once, E. maybe that one on ukulele?

Thanks for the kind words friends! Bill, we probably had the exact record collection back then!

Your brother appears to hate every second of this video. Was he reluctant?

Ha ha, that's his normal happy playing face lol! JK. That was like the fourth or fifth take. He was probably over it. We can usually get it in two takes. But I kept screwing up...

Count me in as a New Order fan too.

Lately, I'm playing Bizarre Love Triangle cause I found the standard notation and guitar tabs in Rolling Stones 500 best songs book.

If you do more New Order, can you post some of the tabs? Just so I can get a head start .

Good playing.

Count me in as a New Order fan too.

Lately, I'm playing Bizarre Love Triangle cause I found the standard notation and guitar tabs in Rolling Stones 500 best songs book.

If you do more New Order, can you post some of the tabs? Just so I can get a head start .

Good playing.

Thanks! I'll try next time.

Love it.

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters)

really enjoyed your rendition of 1963 a great track and a great performance, I think your brothers deadpan style is fun, I know what it is like when you are trying to get it right 5 takes is really good normally takes me about 25 lol, I am also a big fan of your version of this charming man as well m8

This was beautiful! Just wish your vocals were a little louder.

Now I feel all nostalgic and want to listen to all my New Order records. If only I had a working turntable!

Top Bottom