Aquila Red Ukulele String Set Sound Sample

Sporin

Reaction score
Audio sample/review of the new Aquila Red Ukulele String SETS. These are full sets of strings using the copper-loaded technology that Aquila pioneered with their Red Low G strings.

I quite like them, I like the softer feel under-finger and the tone is very good to my ear. They settled into tune as quickly as the other nylagut and fluorocarbon strings I've used.

Just a note to anyone with a pin bridge, have some big beads handy. The G and A are quite thin and the little beads I generally use weren’t holding under pressure. So I raided my wife’s craft supplies and ran the string through and out the sound hole, tied on a bead big enough to not fit back through the bridge hole, and voila!

I'm a dedicated Low-G player so I plan to swap off the High-G of this set for a Aquila Red Low-G string and try it that way.

https://soundcloud.com/sporin/aquila-red-ukulele-string-set

Nice review. I really, really like the set that I reviewed. Mine have gotten brighter since they've been on a few days. I took Mimmo's suggestion and very lightly went up and down the length of the strings with 1500 grit sandpaper. They are now smooth like a fluorocarbon with no change in the sound at all.

I just hope Aquila decides to put them into production. Otherwise, this set is going to have to last a long time! :D

Top Bottom