New uke day! Eleuke Peanut + Honeytone Amp

Youkalaylee

Reaction score
So I got my Eleuke peanut today! Along with the cutest amp ever!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Actually happy with it. The peanut appears to be the marmite of the ukulele world. Some people really hate it and others don't. For the money I'm happy with mine. I'd heard a few had issues with the strings not sounding at equal volumes but I don't have a problem with that at all when using headphones, yet I haven't plugged it in yet.

It does what I need to do to - let's me practice without making much noise! I love the look and shape. The sound when plugged in cant compare with my concert yet while it didn't blow me away as much as my other uke did its better than I expected after reading some comments about it.

The action is slightly higher than what I'm used to but it doesn't make it unplayable and lowering it can be a DIY project for me at a later date. I think the Aquilas don't help as they seem a little heavier on my fingers than the Worths which is what I'm used to.

Now, a few niggles. There is some damage to one of the fret markers as you can see in the photo. I was pleasantly surprised to see it came with a strap and battery when it was advertised as only coming with the cable, yet I can't for the life of me get the strap to attach to the button, the button is just too big and I don't dare rip the strap anymore than I have done trying to get it on. But the free battery makes up for the strap. There is a slight tinny-ness to the sound when played through my Apple headphones that came with my partners 3GS, but I suspect it may not be completely the ukes fault.

One more weird thing. All the strings arrived tuned sharp apart from the E string. So they're all staying in tune for a few minutes of practice apart from D, which is falling out of tune really quickly. I am a little concerned as the tuner doesn't feel as tight when turning as the other 3 do. Might be my imagination though so ill keep an eye on that, and since it arrived D isn't falling out of tune as quickly.

Overall, I am reasonably happy. It's what I expected, and what I wanted - a cheapish uke to use to practice late at night and when my partners asleep, and also one I don't have to worry about if I visit family. All things considered I'd give it 6/10. It's cute and fun to play. Yet I can't decide if I really love it and want to keep forever. The sound isn't that different to the £20 uke I got when I first started playing, I can't play it for very long as its not as comfortable. Hmmmm.

Ill update this post once I've plugged in the amp, daren't do it yet until my partner wakes up after his night shift last night. But at least I can practice with the headphones!

Note: The strap on it in the pictures is available from eBay, handmade in the UK with real leather.

Last edited:
So I got my Eleuke peanut today! Along with the cutest amp ever!

View attachment 48204

View attachment 48203

View attachment 48205

Actually happy with it. The peanut appears to be the marmite of the ukulele world. Some people really hate it and others don't. For the money I'm happy with mine. I'd heard a few had issues with the strings not sounding at equal volumes but I don't have a problem with that at all when using headphones, yet I haven't plugged it in yet.

It does what I need to do to - let's me practice without making much noise! I love the look and shape. The sound when plugged in cant compare with my concert yet while it didn't blow me away as much as my other uke did its better than I expected after reading some comments about it.

The action is slightly higher than what I'm used to but it doesn't make it unplayable and lowering it can be a DIY project for me at a later date. I think the Aquilas don't help as they seem a little heavier on my fingers than the Worths which is what I'm used to.

Now, a few niggles. There is some damage to one of the fret markers as you can see in the photo. I was pleasantly surprised to see it came with a strap and battery when it was advertised as only coming with the cable, yet I can't for the life of me get the strap to attach to the button, the button is just too big and I don't dare rip the strap anymore than I have done trying to get it on. But the free battery makes up for the strap. There is a slight tinny-ness to the sound when played through my Apple headphones that came with my partners 3GS, but I suspect it may not be completely the ukes fault.

One more weird thing. All the strings arrived tuned sharp apart from the E string. So they're all staying in tune for a few minutes of practice apart from D, which is falling out of tune really quickly. I am a little concerned as the tuner doesn't feel as tight when turning as the other 3 do. Might be my imagination though so ill keep an eye on that, and since it arrived D isn't falling out of tune as quickly.

Overall, I am reasonably happy. It's what I expected, and what I wanted - a cheapish uke to use to practice late at night and when my partners asleep, and also one I don't have to worry about if I visit family. All things considered I'd give it 6/10. It's cute and fun to play. Yet I can't decide if I really love it and want to keep forever. The sound isn't that different to the £20 uke I got when I first started playing, I can't play it for very long as its not as comfortable. Hmmmm.

Ill update this post once I've plugged in the amp, daren't do it yet until my partner wakes up after his night shift last night. But at least I can practice with the headphones!

Note: The strap on it in the pictures is available from eBay, handmade in the UK with real leather.

Sounds to me you are not very happy with it. Where did you buy it from UK?

Congrats Youkalaylee,
I've got the same color aqua honeytone amp...I love mine...it is sweet... woo hoo on your new peanut too...Happy Strummings...

Top Bottom