alabama?

carpekd

Reaction score
Any uke players in alabama?

I'm 30 miles from the Alabama border I-20 near birmingham. I got a friend from O'ahu that lives in Anniston right now so that is two uke players. Where you at in Alabama?

I'm in auburn right now, about to graduate and move home in northwest AL. Then I'll be moving to the FL panhandle to the beach a month after that!

NOt too far from Auburn. I almost bought a mango uke from a lady at Auburn. Where at in the Panhandle you moving to? Spent the whole summer there this year. IT is the only place that has beaches as pretty as Hawai'i's.

Not sure exactly where yet... just know I'm going LOL

I've pretty much got it narrowed down to Mobile/Gulf Shores area, Ft. Walton Beach, and Panama City Beach....but I still haven't made up my mind

Huntsville, AL... Looks like we have the extremities covered :) But I'm still too much of a beginner to be considered a player.

CDON, I am still a beginner and i have been trying to play for two years. I can strum the heck out of some chords but notes and scales, I'm clueless. I'm thinking we might all be able to get together around Eufaulla?

Carpekd, Ft. Walton is nice and it is less expensive than PCB or Destin. Not a big uke scene there though but the beaches are pristine and there are no crowds (You might prefer the PCB area). I prefer serenity over tourists.

CDON: I've got many friends that live in decatur! I'll actually be in decatur around new years, but I'm not sure if my new uke will be in by then...

haolejohn: Yeah, I like ft. walton also... we'll see.

we should definitely start a southeastern ukulele meet.......

I'm in Auburn. :) Until this time next year, that is.

Wow, I just graduated from auburn in december...
I'll make sure to brink my uke next time i go down to visit some friends!

Went to St George Island past summer and twas nice as well, Kinda lonely though and quiet. The only voices I could hear were in my head. i don't think I'll go back, I need more noise. Hey I'm in Atlanta too!

Mobile Alabama Uke Players

I live in west Mobile Alabama and just recently started playing the ukulele. I've played stringed instruments for most of my life but just recently became interrested in the uke. I'd be interested in playing especially some Hapa Haole Hawaiian music with some other local ukulele players. I have some videos on youtube/ronhmason.
Just let me know about any jam sessions in the area.
Thanks,
Ron

Top Bottom