Collings UT3 (beautiful Needle grain Koa" for sale

James Maynard

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the Ukulele Underground and looking forward to getting to know the site. I was referred here as a good place to post the sale of my Colling UT3. I purchased this new and it is certainly a "one of a kind" piece from Bill Collings. It is in absolutely mint condition with not a scratch. The build quality and tone is outstanding. I simply must sell to help fund another purchase. I have it listed on Ebay and anyone interested can see my strong history and reviews there. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if anyone is interested as it will not last long. I can send many more detailed Pics as needed. Comes with original Collings premium case and user card with serial number. Thanks for looking

$2750

James

Attachments

• _DSC1487.jpg
    _DSC1487.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 248
  • _DSC1489.jpg
    _DSC1489.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 267
  • _DSC1490.jpg
    _DSC1490.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 221
  • _DSC1491.jpg
    _DSC1491.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 233
  • _DSC1492.jpg
    _DSC1492.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 187
Hello,

I am new to the Ukulele Underground and looking forward to getting to know the site. I was referred here as a good place to post the sale of my Colling UT3. I purchased this new and it is certainly a "one of a kind" piece from Bill Collings. It is in absolutely mint condition with not a scratch. The build quality and tone is outstanding. I simply must sell to help fund another purchase. I have it listed on Ebay and anyone interested can see my strong history and reviews there. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if anyone is interested as it will not last long. I can send many more detailed Pics as needed. Comes with original Collings premium case and user card with serial number. Thanks for looking

$2750

James

Hi. How does this uke differ from the two new ones that seem to be for sale (for $2340) at Custom Shop Guitars?

Hello,

I am new to the Ukulele Underground and looking forward to getting to know the site.
James

Looking forward to getting to know you, too, James over the months ahead. Aloha!

Hi. How does this uke differ from the two new ones that seem to be for sale (for $2340) at Custom Shop Guitars?

there is one in stock at elderly at the price you listed..but i think the one here might have nicer Koa..hard to tell but looks to be higher grade..again hard to tell on line..best way to see in person..

When available, they seem to be priced at $2350 ish. The UT3K always seems to have beautiful koa.

I wonder if the warranty on this one would be valid though?

duk

Ooh, that's gorgeous. Don't see many UT3's around second hand.

I'm in the process of pricing one up with my local stockist in Newcastle.

I wonder if the warranty on this one would be valid though?

From the Collings website: "Collings instruments are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, to the original purchaser, for as long as he/she owns the instrument."

Hi James, Have you previously listed your uke on Ebay with a best offer option? I could swear that its the same one I received a counter offer of around $2000. I may be wrong but that was too high a price for me then and now this uke is priced much higher. UU is not the place to post items that don't sell on ebay, although you can, but don't expect us music nerds to be jumping for joy at your price. We have been around the block a few times.
Bob
PS: This is a beautiful uke, and if presented at a value price with a sound sample it may sell here near 2K. But take your shot and good luck. No harm no pain.
PSS: Your listing does not meet UU standards. Moderator, action required.

Sorry James, I'm wrong, apparently it is not the uke I refered to, see "http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collings-UT3K-Tenor-Ukulele-with-OHSC-/230911207087?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&nma=true&si=9UMywXT5kUoB6XNtjrRWPokgCrA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc" which allegedly sold at high offer, less than $2050. The ukes look identical so price is comparable.
Bob Myers

hi James. Welcome to the UU.

probably worth your while to read through the marketplace guidelines in relation to this listing. Two points of note: (i) selling with a first post is often frowned upon by members who tend to use this board as a extension of the community rather than a utility of convenience. (ii) in lieu of this, it would be of benefit for you to put a timestamp and your username in one of the photos of your instrument as proof of ownership. I wish you the best in your attempt to sell and hope you become on active participant on the boards.

To members with issues about any listing: please exercise your judgment and restraint and use one or more of these options (i) contact a moderator directly (ii) report the post via the triangle on bottom left corner (iii) contact the seller privately through PM.

Cheers all.

Last edited:
Collings UT3 Tenor Ukulele

Hello this is James---Sorry folks for taking so long to jump back in. I was having trouble logging in. I am also sorry if I have not followed the rules-certainly not intentional. I know it is also not the best thing to start dialogue in the group with the sale of an instrument but this is simply on my plate right now. Anyway, I guess the price of the UT3's have come down several hundred since I bought mine. Based on that I have revised my pricing. I will say that this one is absolutely stunning and I would love for it to go to a good new home.

Thanks for your comments an I look forward to spending more time on this great site!

James

Hello this is James---Sorry folks for taking so long to jump back in. I was having trouble logging in. I am also sorry if I have not followed the rules-certainly not intentional. I know it is also not the best thing to start dialogue in the group with the sale of an instrument but this is simply on my plate right now. Anyway, I guess the price of the UT3's have come down several hundred since I bought mine. Based on that I have revised my pricing. I will say that this one is absolutely stunning and I would love for it to go to a good new home.

Thanks for your comments an I look forward to spending more time on this great site!

James

Sorry if my question about your offer price seemed harsh. Your UT3K might well be more valuable than the ones currently for sale, depending on the quality and types of wood used. For example, I believe the fretboards on current UT3Ks are not made of Brazilian rosewood, while yours might have been. My impression is that potential buyers on the forums might appreciate that info. And welcome to UU, if only from a fellow "newbie."

Top Bottom