Looking for info on Pono PKT-6E

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha,
Sold my Mele Double Hole Koa 6 string uke recently which left a vacancy in my 6-string tenor slot. On strong reccomendation from mmStan, I was able to purchase a Pono PKT 6-E which I'm very pleased with as far as sound and playability.
However, I'm having problems researching info on it. Just want to know when it was made.
Found a PKT 2-E on ebay that sold for way more than I paid for mine.
Is a Koa Pono kinda rare?
Mahalo, BO.........

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
My understanding is that Pono originally launched making koa ukuleles. When they moved away from the original overseas factory and went to the new factory, etc. I think they stopped making koa Pono and began using other tonewoods. So if you have a koa Pono, it is probably an earlier one. Mine says "Made in Java" on the label, indicative of the first Pono factory. I bought mine about six years ago. It is still one of my favorite ukuleles to play. Ponos do not have serial numbers unfortunately!

Aloha Pueo,
Mine says Java too. Bought from a guy in Mililani.
Mahalo for your input............BO..............

Pono stopped making Koa when they moved factories. I think it had to do with koa became strictly for their Ko'olau line. I covet a koa pono. One day I will get one. The koa is always stunning on these.

Top Bottom