Kamaka lovers: A question

pdxuke

Reaction score
Hi Kamaka Lovers:

I have a Pineapple built in 2010, so I know the Kamaka builds from the last few years and I love them.

I know that there are some periods in Kamaka history where some feel the builds were not up to snuff. What do you all feel about the Kamaka builds in the last part of the 1990s?

don't own a Kamaka yet, wondering about those new concert neck soprano pineapples.

My dad has two Kamakas that were built in the 80s-90s they are great sounding...BUT...the fit and finish/quality control now is by far better than ever in Kamaka history, imho! I compare mine to his...and based on side by side look comparison...mine are much better...but my dad plays his lots...still...the fit and finish on mine are better plus my tuners are better...I forget what kind of tuners they were using back then. Sound wise...I think mine are a bit brighter...but they are not that much different in terms of sound.

I prefer the sound and playability of the newer ones, with the current label. I've played some good sounding white and gold labels, but they are less consistent and overall don't feel as nice to play.

Top Bottom