PDA

View Full Version : aldrine guerreros cover of guitar

mountainmaui
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
does anyone know that artist of the song that aldrine played last week, the song was originally was called guitar but he changed it to ukulele?? got tabs, what ever i just need to know as fast as possible! thanks :D

NukeDOC
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
does anyone know that artist of the song that aldrine played last week, the song was originally was called guitar but he changed it to ukulele?? got tabs, what ever i just need to know as fast as possible! thanks :D

original song is called "gitara" by a band from the philippines called "parokya ni edgar".

Aldrine Guerrero
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
As fast as possible? lol what's the rush eh?

You can go to my YouTube and check out the chords and lyrics. There's also a link to the original "Gitara" by Parokya ni Edgar

Kanaka916
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
The original thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7447) has all the info . . .

mountainmaui
12-10-2008, 06:21 AM
well i looked on the youtube and it told you the chords (which are tuned down) but it didnt tell you where to switch the chords or strum pattern:confused:

Fred Miu
12-10-2008, 06:30 AM
well i looked on the youtube and it told you the chords (which are tuned down) but it didnt tell you where to switch the chords or strum pattern:confused:

sometimes you just have to watch and practice. most of use did that before there was UU. i personally sat in front of YT and watched aldrine play some songs and try and figure it out, along with some other ukulele artists on YT.

watch his video a couple of times and watch how and when he changes chords, then try doing it yourself. listen to a pattern that he has too.

Kanaka916
12-10-2008, 06:45 AM
As with most songs, once you become familiar with the melody and the tempo, you'll know when the chord changes are coming. But it takes practice and more practice.

mountainmaui
12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
well for someone who has only been playing for a little bit thats harder then you would think. i got down, up, chunk, up, down with a open c after ever change. thats how bad i am!:confused: :P

Kanaka916
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Try using a simple strum vs how it's shown. You can always add the chunk or other variations later. Baby steps! As you said, you've only been playing for a little bit.

mountainmaui
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
well i have been playing for 9 months but i still cant find the melody in the song:confused:

grappler
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
keep trying!

im having difficulty as well!!
ive been playing 1year and 7months

Pharmaceutical.Bandit
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
the chord change is totally wonky to me as well.

been trying this song every once in a while for 3 months and i'm just now finding a sort of rhythm for it lol.

PRACTICE!!! PRACTICE!!! PRACTICE!!!

oh and fit a song in there once in a while that you can actually play. i do it, and it keeps me from getting frustrated lol.

mountainmaui
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
same here i do play for a band, so i dont get mad easy but this song takes the cake haha. well aldrine goes all out i guess :)