Live Internet Concert Feb 10th- The Quiet American (Aaron Keim)

aaronckeim

Reaction score
On Feb. 10th, Nicole and I will be live streaming a concert called Love, Life and Murder Ballads. You can watch it from anywhere in the world, suggested donation $5. It is through a really cool website called Stageit and we are really excited!

There will be lots of ukulele, tenor guitar, banjo and old timey songs.

http://www.stageit.com/the_quiet_american/love_life_and_murder_ballads/18907

Wow, this is truly wonderful news. Never thought I'd get to see you play live Aaron. Can't wait.

Sounds awesome! Just saw Danielle Ate The Sandwich this past Sat. on Stageit -- it was a lot of fun! Looking forward to seeing you guys on the 10th!

also, I will be releasing my new Clawhammer ukulele book that week, so I will play a couple of tunes from it!

got my ticket...now, just gotta hope my computer can handle it :p

also, I will be releasing my new Clawhammer ukulele book that week, so I will play a couple of tunes from it!
I think there's little banjo uke, old timey technique instruction out there fior intermediate players.

Aaron, you are so adept at teaching and at videos, have you ever thought about making an actual instructional full DVD? You've done bits and pieces on youtube, but a full disc (like Lil Rev, Ukulelezaza, Bob Brozeman, Aaron Cromwell, etc.) would be very welcomed showing us your unique and revered style.

(Btw, you already have camera and recording devices and can edit--it's really just a matter of asking people what they'd want on the video--Aaron from HMS did that here a while back-- then having DVD copies made by a company that does that sort of thing. No middlemen, no Mel Bay or Hal Leonard, etc. you can do it! Lol)

Last edited:
I would love to be able to attend, but I will be at work.

At least I got the new CD through the Kickstarter project!

-Kurt​

what a brilliant and fun show. Thanks for the experience Aaron, Nicole and Ronnie.

So many highlights, just a joy. made my day.

Gosh, did I miss it, John. I thought 1pm Pacific was 4pm where I am. I see nothing on the link Aaron provided except Stageit homepage. ugh! (I'll buy your CD then, Aaron).

you had to setup a "Stageit" a/c from the homepage mate, then pay a nominal 5 bucks for your virtual ticket.

Was a really great bunch of tunes they played...Aaron on guitar and a few different ukes, Nicole on a bit of everything: kazoo, vocals, washboard, uke, accordion you name it, then a fella called Ronnie keeping everything together on upright bass. Char hopped in for some harmonies about halfway through, and Gordon was in the background...refused to loosen the vocal chords despite encouragment from the peanut gallery. Just had a lovely vibe about the whole thing, feelgood kinda stuff...and GREAT musicianship. And, despite the show was only scheduled for 30minutes, it went 45 and they did a few requests too. totally interactive.

Just got an email saying their planning another one in April, so plenty of time to get organised for that one Steve.

Aaron, what kind of guitar was that? Stunning looking instrument.

Yup what Jon said above!:agree: Looking forward to the next one in April!

Thanks, John. I had no idea about setting up the account. I like Nicole, Car nd Gordon, too, so would have been good to see.

I wonder, and perhaps Aaron knows, do they rerun the same show since it's videoed now and all? I'd pay to see it even in re-run.

you had to setup a "Stageit" a/c from the homepage mate, then pay a nominal 5 bucks for your virtual ticket.

Was a really great bunch of tunes they played...Aaron on guitar and a few different ukes, Nicole on a bit of everything: kazoo, vocals, washboard, uke, accordion you name it, then a fella called Ronnie keeping everything together on upright bass. Char hopped in for some harmonies about halfway through, and Gordon was in the background...refused to loosen the vocal chords despite encouragment from the peanut gallery. Just had a lovely vibe about the whole thing, feelgood kinda stuff...and GREAT musicianship. And, despite the show was only scheduled for 30minutes, it went 45 and they did a few requests too. totally interactive.

Just got an email saying their planning another one in April, so plenty of time to get organised for that one Steve.

Aaron, what kind of guitar was that? Stunning looking instrument.

Thanks Everybody- They don't record or re-run the shows, you have to tune in live. If you clicked then link I gave after the show was done, then it would have defaulted right to the home page, you must have missed it!

The guitar I played was a '30-35 National Triolian tenor guitar, tuned dgbe steel strings like a bari uke. I also played my mya-moe baritone, mya-moe reso and a vega banjo tuned like a banjo uke.

Sorry to have missed it because of work. Hopefully I'll be available for the April show. Congrats on what sounds like a success, Aaron!

Top Bottom