New Uke Day - Ukulian (Quex) 8 -String Tenor

Ben_H

Reaction score
Well, it's on it's way and should be delivered today. I'm working from home and hoping it arrives nice and early so I can play it while the kids are at school :D

Ukulian ( www.ukulian.com ) has made me an 8-String Tenor from woods produced on the estate where his workshop is situated.

Top: English Yew
Back and Sides: Walnut
Neck: Maple
Fretboard and Bridge: Laburnam

Passive pickup and Living Water Strings

I will take some photos later, but as I know some of you will be asking for sound files I asked Ian to do a workshop demo because I cannot produce a quality recording with my current setup.

Strings sound like they need to settle in a bit but that's to be expected as it was only strung Monday or Tuesday with this recorded on Wednesday.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know this instrument, going to call it Freckles I think. It'll be used mostly for making noise in the pub and also UK trad folk jamming which is something I have just started getting into. My soprano has been struggling to be heard over the racket of banjos, pipes, squeeze boxes, fiddles and bodhrans.

So, here you are:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqghB6ZpTNY

Hope it's all you expect it to be.Ian was making me a Soprano at the same time as he was doing your uke,i'm going down to pick mine up this Saturday.

Top Bottom