PDA

View Full Version : Question on Pono Tenors neck

Contrails
02-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting a Pono tenor. I have read many times people mentioning that it has a wide neck, or fatter neck cos of the thrust rod. I would like to ask what do you guys mean by this? When you say fat/thick do you mean that the radius of the neck is fatter than normal or the fretboard is wider compared to other brands? I personally prefer a bigger radius neck(i.e more rounded at the back), coming from playing guitar. I find that with barre chords my thumb muscle is aching if I play the all the chords that way. It is almost like I am pinching the neck between my thumb and index finger.

What about kanilea? It is wider on the fret board?

Thanks ya all
Ryan

LifesShort
02-01-2013, 12:10 PM
The Pono's neck is thicker front to back than most other uke. It feels much more like a small guitar neck than a thin ukulele neck. I love the way mine feels.

GKK
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Pono Tenor Necks are Thicker around the circumference and Kanilea Fret boards are Wider at the Nut, (1 1/2" vs. 1 /38" on other Ukes).

Contrails
02-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Thank you very much for your replies. Just what I am looking for. Fat chunky necks.

Steedy
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Yah, the neck on my Pono Tenor feels "beefier" than those on my other ukes. It feels really comfortable to me.