Oops I did it again

Stevelele

Reaction score
I just bought the mango tenor kamaka from HMS! I found out it was made by Casey Kamaka and him alone. The same guy who's making the custom Jakes. He also made my Ohta San which is out of this world. If I like it, that means I will probably have to sell one of my other ukuleles. Possibly my treasured Lymana which is also made with mango back/sides and spruce top--same mango that was used on Bill Tapia's ukulele... Either that or a William King longscale concert, which I adore. Stay tuned, and if you're interested in either of those ukes, shoot me a PM.

Yeah. Hate it when that happens. ;)

oh glory. I lusted after that ever since I saw it...didn't even know it was available. All I can say is congrats Steve...

...you buggah :p

Oops!? Does that really work on the spouse? Never dare tried that one.

Congrats on getting it. If it sounds half as good as it looks, you have a real keeper

Hmmm...no pics??? We'll give you a week for the uke to arrive to NYC or it never happened!! :p

Watching the video on that mango Kamaka.... what pure tone! I think you're going to enjoy that one!

Just to be clear, it's not the crazy mango with the inlay on the fretboard. It is the plain one. But aaron at hms told me that it's one of the top 3 ukuleles he's ever heard in the store.

Congratulations! Great score! Lucky guy.

Just to be clear, it's not the crazy mango with the inlay on the fretboard. It is the plain one. But aaron at hms told me that it's one of the top 3 ukuleles he's ever heard in the store.

Congrats on the great uke...hold on. In a surprisingly short time we should have a special all out full bling custom from Kamaka that may top the humu from last yeah...the wait is killing me

Nice going Steve. The early bird gets the worm. Or in this case, mango!

Wow. I wonder how many he's heard? 5,000? 10,000? 20,000?

Yeah, that's what really sold me. But sometimes people tend to have a bias towards what they have heard most recently. So hopefully it's not an exaggeration

Wow. I wonder how many he's heard? 5,000? 10,000? 20,000?

Yeah, that's what really sold me. But sometimes people tend to have a bias towards what they have heard most recently. So hopefully it's not an exaggeration

HAHAHA...you should have asked Andrew!! :p

I concur. not his most fancy one, but this cost us over twice an HF-3 for good reason. It's a Casey Kamaka custom and it's luscious tones are amongst the sweetest.
This new EarthWorks set is very uncolored but I had wrong mic placement from what I just learned. Nevertheless......
by the way, the other custom was Cedar/Maple. This was the only mango and only a few mango Kamaka have even been made. So try it out and it it is not your flavor send it back. Who knows? some people don't even like the fruit. ok, gonna answer my emails now before someone sees this and gets salty

Top Bottom