Koaloha Longneck Soprano (concert scale neck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuben

Reaction score
Hi All, SOLD.Yes you have seen this before, or have you...? I posted on 1/18/13, photography was, shall we say, less than flattering?, fair enough. Yes the pics are better this time. My daughter pleaded with me to keep it, but this uke should go to a good home, its a player and its not getting the attention it deserves.

To review, the Uke is the Koaloha KSM-02 Soprano with the concert neck, for more wiggle room.

I purchased it new in spring of 2011, the neck block stamp is Sept. 2010. What you should know about this uke:

1. It has strap pins on lower bout and heel.
2. It has a natural bone bridge that I made because I goofed on the original. The action is low, no buzzes or weirdness. Intonation is great.
3. I was prompted by another UUer to check the top between the sound hole and bridge for dishing, there is about .5 to 1.0mm of dish, in fact, I'm not sure it is dish, since it is strung under tension some deflection must occur. It has not changed since purchased. Anyway, there is sure to be some debate about this issue, if this freaks you out, pass on this one, but its there for the record. From what I've read this is normal.
4. I want to make this perfectly clear, because the pics will not show this, the uke does not have a ding or a scratch on it, not even strum marks, get it? It is in amazing shape, which is how I keep my instuments. Other players have remarked that it is in great condition.

Serious inquiries only, I do not have to sell this uke. I prefer a local (LA area) sale so you can see that it really is in stellar condition, but will ship if necessary with foam case. I won't be home until late Sunday night, I will reply when I return. Thanks for your consideration. Will ship to conus only.
ksm12.jpg
ksm9.jpg
ksm8.jpg
ksm11.jpg

Last edited:
Bravo!! Hey, I wasn't trying to be snarky about the pics, I was truly trying to help you toward selling it. These pics will get the job done. Wish I had the cash, because this appears to be a beautiful uke. Good luck with your sale. Oh, by the way, you can't have too many pics if you decide to add more.

Hi All,
Yes you have seen this before, or have you...? I posted on 1/18/13, photography was, shall we say, less than flattering?, fair enough. Yes the pics are better this time. My daughter pleaded with me to keep it, but this uke should go to a good home, its a player and its not getting the attention it deserves.

To review, the Uke is the Koaloha KSM-02 Soprano with the concert neck, for more wiggle room.

I purchased it new in spring of 2011, the neck block stamp is Sept. 2010. What you should know about this uke:

1. It has strap pins on lower bout and heel.
2. It has a natural bone bridge that I made because I goofed on the original. The action is low, no buzzes or weirdness. Intonation is great.
3. I was prompted by another UUer to check the top between the sound hole and bridge for dishing, there is about .5 to 1.0mm of dish, in fact, I'm not sure it is dish, since it is strung under tension some deflection must occur. It has not changed since purchased. Anyway, there is sure to be some debate about this issue, if this freaks you out, pass on this one, but its there for the record. From what I've read this is normal.4. I want to make this perfectly clear, because the pics will not show this, the uke does not have a ding or a scratch on it, not even strum marks, get it? It is in amazing shape, which is how I keep my instuments. Other players have remarked that it is in great condition.

Serious inquiries only, I do not have to sell this uke. I prefer a local (LA area) sale so you can see that it really is in stellar condition, but will ship if necessary. $550 obo with foam case. I won't be home until late Sunday night, I will reply when I return. Thanks for your consideration.
View attachment 48344
View attachment 48345
View attachment 48346
View attachment 48347

This should in now way be considered to be dishing. Or what is considered a "belly". That miniscule amount would happen naturally in the wood.

Thanks Consitter, I think your right about the tops, seen several Koalohas like this, they're fine.

Stu PM'd me and ask about mine. Mine is date stamped Jan 2010 and has about a 1mm dip between bridge and sound hole. I'd never noticed it before and had to use a straight edge to make sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks. I don't think it's anything to worry about as it seems quite stable and I've not heard of KoAlohas having issues with tops. They've been in business long enough that if it was an issue everybody would know about it by now, I think.

When I installed a soundboard pickup in mine I noticed that there is no fan bracing on the top of the sopranos, just the unibrace behind the soundhole and, of course, the plate under the bridge. So, I would expect a bit of dip there, I think. Considering that it is probably that lack of fan bracing that gives these ukes their crazy-loud volume and sweet "open" tone I'd certainly buy another even if this one did begin to show problems after several years. Not that I think that such is likely, I'm just saying tone matters to me way more than having an heirloom to pass on to kids who won't appreciate it anyway! :)

John

It's a sweet uke. I got to play it, and it's a great deal! If I didn't already have a custom coming soon...

–Lori

Just wanted to take a second and thank Stuben for the great service he gave me when I purchased the ukulele from him. Very speedy in getting back to me and it was packaged with great care. Words cannot describe how happy I am with this ukulele. The sound is amazing and the pictures do not do it justice. It is simply a beautiful instrument and I can’t put it down. You can tell that Stuben takes great care of his instruments. I highly recommend that next time he lists a ukulele for sale, someone jumps on it. You will not be sorry. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom