Tenor dGBE strings - not Aquila

paw123los

Reaction score
Does anybody make such set of strings ? I mean so called "original tenor tuning" strings ? I love the of sound Lyle Ritz's and Benny Chong's (I know he uses a baritone) ukuleles and would like to try that on one of my tenors.

I know Aquila makes dGBE set of strings but I hate Aquila strings. I would like a classic nylon (or similar) set.

I made my own set.
I used a flourocarbon (fc) .026 "E", fc "C" .030 tuned down to "B",
A polished Labella "D" tuned "G" (low G) and another fc "C" tuned up to "D".
Sounds and feels great on my tenor.

Southcoast. Nothing wrong with Living Water strings, as I've tried them. I know people have their favorites and I use Fremont and Worth as well, but for what you are considering Southcoast is the choice. Email Dirk and he will set you up.

Thanks. I hear a lot good opinions here about Living Water strings, but never tried them. But will the baritone re-entrant set work on a tenor ukulele ?

They could work, but a tenor is a much shorter scale so the tension might be too slack for it. Could be worth testing though.

Thanks. I hear a lot good opinions here about Living Water strings, but never tried them. But will the baritone re-entrant set work on a tenor ukulele ?

He's got a set of re-entrant string for the tenor too.

I made my own set.
I used a flourocarbon (fc) .026 "E", fc "C" .030 tuned down to "B",
A polished Labella "D" tuned "G" (low G) and another fc "C" tuned up to "D".
Sounds and feels great on my tenor.

Thank you - I will try that set when I will set my next order in stringsbymail.

I will ask Ken about Living Water tenor dGBE - shipment from UK will be faster and cheaper for me.
Maybe I will also buy a set of Southcoast - I never tried them and I am quite interested - I see many good opinions.

Has anyone compared the sound of Living Water or Southcoast to Worth Clears or Browns in gCEA tuning ?
I switched few years ago from Worth to Savarez as Worth Clears were a little to punchy for my taste and Worth Browns were to thin.

Top Bottom