gibson poinsettia - deep pockets, anyone?

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
Just came across a 1930 Gibson poinsettia on ebay.co.uk......:drool: if someone has £9000 or $14000 to spare! And no, I am NOT the seller! 6 days to go on it, for anyone with out of control UAS!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1930-GIBSON-POINSETTIA-THE-RAREST-OF-ALL-UKULELES-THE-TOP-COLLECTORS-MUST-HAVE-/160965878982?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item257a5064c6

The same seller has a 20's trapdoor Gibson banjo-uke and a Wendell-Hall..... the location is quite close to me, but I wasn't allowed to view the trapdoor Gibson. Probably just as well - I would have wanted it!

Aloha Leslie,
Nice Gibson...you know I believe this uke has been posted many times or one that looks like this one...but I am pretty sure it is the same one..
wish it was a better price though, is the seller negociable in price...hee hee...thank you for the heads up...Happy Strummings...

Is that the same ludwig Jnobianchi sent to the UK I wonder?

Just came across a 1930 Gibson poinsettia on ebay.co.uk......:drool: if someone has £9000 or $14000 to spare! And no, I am NOT the seller! 6 days to go on it, for anyone with out of control UAS!

The same seller has a 20's trapdoor Gibson banjo-uke and a Wendell-Hall..... the location is quite close to me, but I wasn't allowed to view the trapdoor Gibson. Probably just as well - I would have wanted it!

Couple that with his "Private" feedback on ebay, would drive me away from the sale. He could have met you somewhere if he was worried about exposing the street address to an expensive collection.

This uke has been on Ebay several times,originally at over £10,000.I brought a 1920's Osborne Sammos from the same seller last year(for a lot less money!),i believe he had a considerable collection he has been getting rid of for the last year or so.

Interesting, everyone,..... it's a little frustrating to me to know from his S Staffs location that he's not very far from me - I live virtually on the S Staffordshire border..... because I'd love to see those two banjoleles he's selling as well! Ho hum, never mind......!

Some people are paranoid. Probably sits in his house all day with a shotgun pointing at the front door.. lol

I'm pretty sure any Gibson is pretty far down my list of $14,000 ukuleles...

Top Bottom