Happy NUD!: Covered Bridge myrtle & redwood concert

we tigers

Reaction score
It has been quite a wait (since October) because an earlier version of my new uke died on a corner of the work bench, but it's finally here! This morning I was at last able to hold it in my hands and play it. Oah!

7FB59492-2921-4838-9EEE-E869E63C7621-1525-000001A66DD23B2C_zpsfc05d9ec.jpg

It's every bit as beautiful as I thought it would be. Baby soft and with a beautiful harplike chime. Once adjusted to temp and humidity and after opening up a little and strings settling in, this is going to be incredible.

72920ED9-AD18-4726-BAAB-94FFA1802048-1369-000001935C7CE617_zps2c28a0ae.jpg

DEA6C456-39EC-4989-A631-EDF72AEA622E-1369-0000019362B45BA5_zps19881e20.jpg

Thank you Terry and Perry for building such an incredible ukulele. The entire process has been a terrific journey!

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm so glad to see it in your hands!!

Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

What a happy day for you, Michael! I wish you much joy with it, PLUS many UU videos with Saskia with it. Congratulations!

Thanks Perry!
I hope to play and record many songs with this beauty! I've been playing it of and on for a couple of hours today and the sound is improving already. This is some special little ukulele.

Cool...I was just checking out Hodge's and noticed I can see the whole rosette while this is partially covered by the fretboard. Is it because his is a tenor and this one is a concert? Just curious

Cool...I was just checking out Hodge's and noticed I can see the whole rosette while this is partially covered by the fretboard. Is it because his is a tenor and this one is a concert? Just curious

That's part of it. Some times it is the width of the rosette. All of our ukes have 18 frets total and are 14 to the body

Beautiful uke!

What a sweetheart, Michael. Just can't wait for some more clips from you and Saskia in 2013 with the CB on board. Happy new uke day mate! :)

Congratulations Michael. Really enjoyed following its build.
That is a beauty. Can't wait to hear you play it.

hey you guys

congrats on the new CB.

thats what i calll a sound sample, she looks and sounds great. mine opened up quite a bit.

I always like you guys vids

good luck
eor

Very nice & congrats! Love that binding! Great video's too-thanks for sharing that uke with us!

Thanks guys!
Eor, good to hear about the opening up. I noticed a big improvement yesterday while playing it the first day. If this will continue over the coming weeks, it will be unparalleled. It already is my best sounding uke by far!

I'm impressed by the sound of your CB! Redwood works out really well as top wood. Nice performances. My CB concert (redwood / claro) will hopefully be completed around the 1st half of March.

Last edited:
Top Bottom