Any Tiple players our there?

garyg

Reaction score
Just got my Martin 1925 T-18 Tiple back from the luthier and wondered if there are other folks out there who are playing this amazing instrument. I've seen Mickey M's you tube videos with the Ohano tiple and a few others but would love to talk to an active player re. D vs. C tuning, tips etc. BTW are these the correct tunings D - A-a, d-D-d, f#-F#-f#, bb , C - Ggc Cce Ee AA and is the large case letter one octave up from the lower case letter? TIA, g2

Just got my Martin 1925 T-18 Tiple back from the luthier and wondered if there are other folks out there who are playing this amazing instrument. I've seen Mickey M's you tube videos with the Ohano tiple and a few others but would love to talk to an active player re. D vs. C tuning, tips etc. BTW are these the correct tunings D - A-a, d-D-d, f#-F#-f#, bb , C - Ggc Cce Ee AA and is the large case letter one octave up from the lower case letter? TIA, g2

I have an Ohana tuned GG-CcC-EeE-AA.
I believe the more standard is the D tuning, but I don't like trying to switch chords, I don't tranpose to well on the fly.
The string tension and voice is quite good in C tuning.

The 1923 T-18 Martin (#19686) is strung with Aquila strings as Dd GgG BbB EE.
The all mahogany Japanese copy by Yamaki is often tuned as Cc GgG CcC EE. I have a set of charango strings so I can try an octave on the E E(8va). The Yamaki has a much brighter sound than the Adirondack spruce topped Martin.

Another question - will this fit in a Tenor uke case (the tiple is 27.5" X 9") or do you need a Bari case or???? ciao, g

When I went looking for a hardshell case for my tenor uke, what my music store had that fit it was a tiple case.

I have a Yasuma tiple that I tune gG CcC EeE AA. I don't use my tiple all that much. But I've got maybe 15 videos on YouTube trying out various rock songs on the tiple, like REM's Fall on Me and the Beach Boy's Sail On Sailor.

Top Bottom