Finger picking exercises/songs?

rawritsamy

Reaction score
Hey there,
So I'm fairly new to ukulele as I only got one at christmas time but I'm a quick learner. I would like to learn some easy/moderate songs but can't find any I like. I would appreciate it lots if you would leave some suggestions of sites or even specific songs/exercises that would help progress my finger picking abilities further. Thank you ^_^ :D

Spider exercises.

So start on the fourth string, forefinger on the 1st fret and pluck the note with your thumb on your right hand. Then just your middle finger on the 2nd fret, same string, pluck with your thumb again. Then ringfinger on the 3rd fret, same string, pluck with thumb. Then pinky, pluck with thumb. Then do the same again on that string but starting with your pinky.

Repeat for each string, but using your forefinger on your right hand for plucking the 3rd string, middle for the 2nd and ring for the 1st. Do it every day at beginning and end of practice. :)

Also get mark nelson's fingerpicking book. But make sure you've got a few chords already under your belt before trying it, and that you've already made some progress with barre chords such as Bb.

Last edited:
Spider exercises.

So start on the fourth string, forefinger on the 1st fret and pluck the note with your thumb on your right hand. Then just your middle finger on the 2nd fret, same string, pluck with your thumb again. Then ringfinger on the 3rd fret, same string, pluck with thumb. Then pinky, pluck with thumb. Then do the same again on that string but starting with your pinky.

Repeat for each string, but using your forefinger on your right hand for plucking the 3rd string, middle for the 2nd and ring for the 1st. Do it every day at beginning and end of practice. :)

Also get mark nelson's fingerpicking book. But make sure you've got a few chords already under your belt before trying it, and that you've already made some progress with barre chords such as Bb.

Thank you! I will look into getting that fingerpicking book :)

Top Bottom