good price for a martin soprano "0" ?

dismount

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 50's martin with almost no scratches and no dents a fellow has for sale. Is 500.00 a decent price, I know its hard without seeing it but it is sweet looking>Phil

I think it is. If it sounds sweet and all things being equal I think 500 clams is about right.

Play it first if you can....It's a pretty good price for a unrestored martin in good condition...

Just for comparison, dis, I bought a 1940s Martin O sop that was beat to sh-- for 299 doll hairs.

The buyer wouldn't deal in clams.

Restored would make it worth less or more? I'm assuming people prefer the original finish?

Restored would make it worth less or more? I'm assuming people prefer the original finish?

Well, I do. Restored is kind of a tricky thing-- if a great shop--Gryphon Strings, for example--has done a repair, it's one thing. If some guy in his garage had at it, it's quite another.

I prefer no crack clean, clean instruments. Martin made enough of them. They're around.

I'm looking at a 50's martin with almost no scratches and no dents a fellow has for sale. Is 500.00 a decent price, I know its hard without seeing it but it is sweet looking>Phil

Nice find! Original owner?

I bought one from Gryphon a little while ago. It was older than that one ^ but it is hands down my favourite uke and was well worth the money. They were a great shop to deal with. I think buying from a quality store like that can take away some of the play before you pay fears. You may pay a little more than you would from craigslist or ebay, but you are going to get a good player with no surprises.

I bought one from Gryphon a little while ago. It was older than that one ^ but it is hands down my favourite uke and was well worth the money. They were a great shop to deal with. I think buying from a quality store like that can take away some of the play before you pay fears. You may pay a little more than you would from craigslist or ebay, but you are going to get a good player with no surprises.

I agree. My first Martin vintage was from Gryphon. A positive experience from start to finish

I agree. I've had sme unpleasant surprises from eBay. Sellers love to say one tiny crack, and when I got the thing it had at least three.

I think you found a lovely lifelong instrument there at Gryphon for dismount, pdx. Great service, set up, retun policy, and if future sale, say you bought it from Gryphon and buyers will continue to pay a premium because they know its good... gryphon doesn't sell rubbish. So, you'll get your hundred smackeroulians back anyhow.

Buy buy buy dismount. We get off on spending your money. Lol. We've already managed to tap brother pdx plum clean.

Rpfrogner...I love your Martin YouTube videos. They are quintessential viewing for Martin fans. Thanks for making them. You seem to know quite a lot about Martins.

Top Bottom