What does UAS mean!?!

Hakaman

Reaction score
I have done a search in the forum and on Google and no luck!

Often used here but (apparently) rarely explained

I'm sure no-one here means Ugly As Sh*t
Upstream Activation Sequence
Urea-Ammonium Sulfate
or even Ujian Akhir Semester

So help out a newb here!

Mike

Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome--- the tendency to buy more and more ukes.

Essentially, it's addiction.

By the way, it's known as GAS for guitarists

And SAS refers to the uncontrollable acquisition of string types--generally a cheaper vice than UAS, but equally serious.

UAS means Ukulele Addiction Supporters.

UAS - Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome

What does it mean?

Kiss Your Money Goodbye.

-Kurt​

usually means divorce. sometimes you get lucky and it's only trial separation. :rolleyes:

Emotional satisfaction that's like a trip at sea and you end up on a beautiful new island after months and months of sailing. But after a while you want to set out again and find a new beautiful island just a little different from the beautiful island you're already on. However, you don't have to leave the island you're on. In fact, you can be on multiple islands while you search for that new island. It's just so miraculous!

At its worst it is M.I.A.S (Spanish for MINE) - Musical Instrument Acquisition Syndrome - this is where you slowly turn that spare bedroom into a museum of musical instruments with keyboards, all manner of stringed instruments, wind instruments, flutes, whistles, harmonicas, etc. Part of the symptoms of this disease are that you will rarely use half of the instruments in your collection and some of them you will NEVER have used ;).

This addiction requires that any partners involved either have their own bizarre addiction (say to buying shoes) or else are incredibly understanding and supportive.

At its worst it is M.I.A.S (Spanish for MINE) - Musical Instrument Acquisition Syndrome - this is where you slowly turn that spare bedroom into a museum of musical instruments with keyboards, all manner of stringed instruments, wind instruments, flutes, whistles, harmonicas, etc. Part of the symptoms of this disease are that you will rarely use half of the instruments in your collection and some of them you will NEVER have used ;).

This addiction requires that any partners involved either have their own bizarre addiction (say to buying shoes) or else are incredibly understanding and supportive.

In my case it's fabric, woollen yarn & the paraphanalia of knitting and sewing. SWMBO even had a mild attack of SMAS and they can be as expensive as a K-brand uke.

Oh! and I forgot, there's also the books!

UAS usually means that you have no money.

It means you have more money than ukuleles. The condition continues until you reach a natural balance.

:smileybounce:

That was freakin hilarious!

Thanks for the info...

Can anyone confirm early symptoms? I'm worried that it starts off with sweaty palms, distraction and lying next to your significant other in the dark after waking up in the middle of the night and logging onto the UU marketplace just to see if there are any new listings (da*n the convenience of the iPad!)

An early symptom is putting down your NEW uke in order to read reviews of other ukes, then looking up where you could get one!

I'm worried that it starts off with sweaty palms, distraction and lying next to your significant other in the dark after waking up in the middle of the night and logging onto the UU marketplace just to see if there are any new listings

That and checking out the Flea marketplace: https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/Default.asp daily. Oops, hopefully I just didn't increase the syndrome effects. Sorry

Unfortunately, the same syndrome also applies to: tin whistles, bodhran drums and button boxes! lol

Adding a uke to your wish list while waiting to get a uke on your wish list, while playing your new uke.

Top Bottom