Too bad I don't live in Japan

Maybe a UU member living in Japan can accept delivery for the OP and then ship it to the OP at the OP's expense?

I have a personal problem with anything that looks like my OU5 from across the room.

Larrivee ukuleles are produced in Canada and California, so they might be available somewhere closer to you than Japan.

Their site doesn't say anything about ukuleles, but they do provide a list of dealers, you might get lucky:

http://www.larrivee.com/dealers/index.php

Larrivee ukuleles are produced in Canada and California, so they might be available somewhere closer to you than Japan.

They don't make them anymore, not for some years. They seem to be very hard to find too. I think I have come across FIVE on the internet (scored a sweet Koa 10K) and I searched fairly deep.

I emailed the company but I don't expect a responce.

If 89,000 yen is the price, thats about 961.00usd. Copy and paste the page into a translator it reads:
Larbi ukulele / soprano /Larrivee Soprano Ukulele US-10MM
Price (tax included): 89, 000-93000 circle

> Regular price 136500 yen (tax included) during the limited sale!
Cash bargain 89000 yen (bank transfer, cash on delivery)
(Note: credit card payments is 93000 yen. )

It's famous "Larrivee" (Larbi) as a manufacturer of acoustic guitars.

Around the year 2000 is a valuable ukuleles deadstock seems Canada production!

With Honduras mahogany. In a slightly bigger ass cute shape!
Is made a classy guitar maker, was excellent.
It is a ukulele sound, very good.
Think your peace!
(With soft case)

◆ scale: 359 mm
◆ nut width: 36 mm
※There are some errors by way of the measuring. Please note that.

see basis records ukulele Gallery.

Larriv é e Soprano US-10MM
◆ body: Honduras mahogany
◆ neck: Mahogany
◆ fingerboard & Bridge: ebony
◆ with オリジナルギグ case (soft case)

HAH, scored it! I emailed last night asking if they would consider shipping overseas and just got a very friendly reply that they will and it's only about $80.

:D:eek::cool:

As a professional translator, I roared with laughter at this one:
In a slightly bigger ass cute shape!

Obviously, Google Translate is good enough to get an idea of what a page is about, but can you imagine trusting it professionally? I've seen some wonderful howlers over the last few years as more and more companies do trust to Google Translate to try and sell their image to the world. :rolleyes:

As a professional translator, I roared with laughter at this one:

Obviously, Google Translate is good enough to get an idea of what a page is about, but can you imagine trusting it professionally? I've seen some wonderful howlers over the last few years as more and more companies do trust to Google Translate to try and sell their image to the world. :rolleyes:

Thought that was funny too. Back in the 70's I worked for a small piano shop that sold Kawai Pianos. The shipping paper woven between the strings said "this paper designed to keep strings off of rust"

Got it today, friggen quick! Here it is with my Koa Palm. :drool:

2vd1aag.jpg

PS, BasisRecords in Japan has fantastic, and the friendliest, service.

Last edited:
Beautiful ukes. Congratulations on the new acquisition. The other one looks like the one Elderly had. Quite a wonderful set.

That setting on that chair is just perfect for that photo - adds a real sense of classicism to it ;)

Congratulations on your new "baby" :)

Top Bottom