Everyone's an Asshole...new song/demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Craig. These kinds of posts belong over here, in the Videos and Links section. I gotta move it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey Craig. These kinds of posts belong over here, in the Videos and Links section. I gotta move it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Asshole.

:)

Craig, thanks I enjoyed your song.

Really got a good chuckle out of that. Hmm, does that make me an a*******? :rotfl:

Yes ,.....yes they are . Another great song , thanks

Thanks, all! Not a problem, Seeso...I've no idea where it should go.

Oh, I've added the chords and lyrics to the post, so, join in. We can do it together at the UWC....

Thanks, all! Not a problem, Seeso...I've no idea where it should go.

Oh, I've added the chords and lyrics to the post, so, join in. We can do it together at the UWC....

Done deal, man.

Since I've apparently already been labeled, I guess I needn't fear the results of weighing in.

I'm not a humorless man, in fact, people who know me would say that I've got a very good sense of humor. Having said that, what is it that is humorous or appealing about this song? Is it the repeated use of profanity? Is it the repeated blanket accusation using unnecessary profanity? It's not even a clever song. Everyone is greedy and lazy so I can self-righteously judge them and issue a blanket insult using profanity? The premise isn't even true and perhaps I'm wrong, but I doubt that the song was shooting for irony.

You might have already guessed that I'm not a fan of profanity. It's intentional use in this type of circumstance is one of the lowest forms of cheap humor. I don't think it should have any kind of place in this forum but that's just this man's opinion and the song writer has already told you what I am.

Funny song, bit of a vulgar thread title.

re: mikelz777 Ha! It's one song about one way of feeling. Everyone (perhaps not you) feels that way occasionally.

Re: profanity. Why do I use profanity? Because *ahem*.

Edit: Craig, excuse my interference. That may have been just a tad *too* profane for the comfort of some of your fellow members.

~ buddhuu

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a couple of complaints about this thread, so I thought I'd address them here.

We apologize if anyone is offended.

We do not have a rule against profanity here at UU, so Craig didn't break any rules.

As soon as we start censoring this forum for content as opposed to rule violations, we've slipped off the slippery slope.

to Seeso and Buddhuu: none of this is a problem to me. The song is just a small song. I don't apologize for the sentiment, because it is hearfelt. If you have a problem with the way it is expressed, well...that's your problem.

Seeso is right...censorship is a VERY slippery slope to go down.

I was so expecting the "punch line" at the end..."and I'm not so sure about you" :)

I can easily see where the song would offend many, but they should have known from the thread title not to open it.

BTW - just a nit - but technically that language, while crude and vulgar and not something I generally indulge in - isn't actually profanity by the original definition of the word. Profanity was originally defined as language that was profane, and profane was a verb meaning "to treat something sacred in a vulgar way" or an adjective the descriptive equivalent of that. Some of the more "loose" modern and internet dictionaries have included "vulgar" by itself as the fifth or sixth meaning of the word but that just shows what a poor job our public education system is doing when it comes to warding off the complete collapse of the English language. LOL

So, while it's certainly vulgar and crude language and unkind to call someone the smelliest bit of anatomy, it's hardly profane, nor is it "cursing" in the biblical sense. (But I'll still slap my young grandsons silly if I catch them calling someone an a...... :biglaugh: )

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom