FS - Big Island Honu Traditional Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidrboy

Reaction score
SOLD - is my Big Island HONU Traditional Series Tenor Uke.
The stock description is: Solid koa. Headstock features koa headplate with genuine mother of pearl HONU logo. SILVER Custom tuning gears with solid koa buttons, sealed 14:1 ratio. East Indian Rosewood bridge with genuine bone compensated saddle, Butt and back are of bookmatched solid koa. East Indian Rosewood fingerboard A-grade with abalone position markers. Traditional soundhole style for the original sound of the ukulele.

But that doesn't do it justice. This is really a player. Great resonant sound, plenty of punch. Currently strung with Worth browns. Lightly built. Good low action and perfect intonation up the neck. Incredible attention to detail. And the Koa is rich and lovely - the pictures do not do it justice.

What more can I say about these instruments than what Spots said here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...4-Big-Island-Ukulele-s-Honu-Traditional-tenor

New uke day came twice to my house a few weeks back (new to me Pono PTEC-CE and a Koaloha concert with one piece back and top). So I need to clear out the stable a bit. It had been a great everyday player for a good while now.

This sold a couple weeks ago to a new user on this forum, but it came back. He took VERY detailed photos of the few dings on this uke which you can see at great magnifYication here: http://jpags.smugmug.com/Other/Ukulele/27785850_nnhvM5#!i=2342929317&k=czs7K6b

The dings do not affect the playability and, to be completely frank about it, I never noticed them, save the mark in the finish on the neck. I never gave that one a second thought though, and had forgotten it was even there despite playing this uke every day for months. Anyway, full disclosure at 3-times magnifcation via the link above.

Looking for $SOLD (or reasonable best offer) shipped, with the pictured Uke Crazy case. I got over selling it once, I suppose I can do it again. I loved it and let it go. It came back. But my heart has moved on to the ebony Pono. So off this Honu must go once more.

Attachments

• u4.jpg
    u4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 160
  • u3.jpg
    u3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 149
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 188
  • u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Fixed the bad link to Spots' review (thanks) - sound samples there too at the bottom of his right-on review.

Wow. That was one picky dude (or dudette). Good luck with your sale.

Picky maybe, but this uke will end up where it belongs. With someone who really digs it. I did. (I still do, but can't afford to keep them all.)
It is a great players' instrument.

I see no dings, only honorable scars.:)

Jude

Daa-aaang! Somebody's eyes are way to good for their own happiness, I think. LOL

Seriously, I wouldn't have noticed or minded those things on a new uke let alone a used one.

These are fine uke's fit n'finish the best out there. I have this and the concert , I'm not into bling and these have none but still jump out due to finish quality. Mine is also low g, hope you find a home for this one as they seldom show up here but there are several owners on the forum.

Guess everyone who knows how good these are already has one.
Price drop to $420 shipped for anyone else who would like to find out....

I will take $400 against all my better judgment, because I need to free up some space and money.
This is a steal for this uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom