1/4 sized guitar to guitalele

nighthunte29

Reaction score
I was recently thinking of saving for a guitalele, in fact, I have my heart set on a guitalele! I found a 1/4 guitar which is only 6mm longer scale length than the Yamaha, and it looks much nicer;

http://ortegaguitars.com/en/product...itar-small-body/show/Product/r121-14/r121-14/

I am assuming it would be possible to convert this to a perfectly functional guitalele, Would these strings work in ADGCEA or just snap?

Also if anybody has experience with the brand, or even this model in particular, it would be great to hear your thoughts!

There's one way to find out!

You can also try contacting the company.

I am assuming it would be possible to convert this to a perfectly functional guitalele, Would these strings work in ADGCEA or just snap?
Not familiar with that brand, but given the comparable scale length, I would think you'd have to use a similar tuning as a Guitalele or the strings would be too slack to tune like a standard guitar. BTW, I put standard CG strings on my Guitalele and tuned them up to ADGCEA with no issues.

My biggest concern would be the nut width. Says it's 43.5mm. The Guitalele is 1-7/8" (or 47.625mm if I converted that correctly). I like my Guitalele, but my biggest complaint would be how cramped the neck feels. Remember, there are two more strings compared to a uke, so the string spacing is actually closer together.

There's a string set made by La Bella I think. It's for 1/4 guitars and meant for standard guitar tuning. ADGCEA isn't the only option if those strings are any good.

Top Bottom