UAS! Kamaka Pineapple - Standard or Long?

Thinker

Reaction score
OK - so I actually haven't touched my ukes all fall - but now I'm back with a vengeance. I'm thinking about a Kamaka Pineapple. I've always wanted one - had one for a day but it had a pretty serious defect. This time I'll order from Hawaii Music Supply and do it right!

So here's the question - Soprano or Long Neck Soprano? I have two Koaloha's that I love - a Tenor and a Long Neck Soprano. Beautiful! I'm thinking a regular soprano Kamaka Pineapple would be fun!

Thoughts out There?

The Pineapple is a classic. It's not supposed to have that giraffe neck.

I had a Kamaka pineapple soprano. I had to sell it during a difficult time. Still wish I hadn't. It is one of the originals and would really fill in your stable. You said you have always wanted one. As you previously mentioned you think the regular soprano Kamaka pineapple would be fun. Isn't that what it is all about. Do what makes you happy. I vote soprano neck.

Standard neck.

Okay, since everybody else is saying standard, I just gotta say concert neck. (Sorry couldn't resist)

Kamaka HP-1 standard is an AWESOME uke. Had one for awhile and regret selling it bad. BIG, full sound, warm too, great resonance...yummy

Since it's a new model, I'd go with a long neck...not traditional but to me better....a new uke will definetely get you motivated to play again...go for it...

Now that they have a concert neck soprano, I'd have to try/hear one before I decided.

I have a longneck pineapple on my "list". Problem is, they are fairly rare it seems...

Could have snatched one I spotted at Scotty's Music on Kauai, back in 2010. In retrospect, maybe I should have.

I vote Longneck.
Cheers,
Skottoman

long neck pineapple for me, I've tried the standard length in music shop and really can't get to play it.
Plus that longer string length gives more vibration so in turn of volume.

Long Neck Pineapple.

It will give you more room, and they are more unique than standard models. When in doubt, go Long Neck, imho.

Long Neck Pineapple.

It will give you more room, and they are more unique than standard models. When in doubt, go Long Neck, imho.

I've emailed Hawaii Music Supply .... I'll see what they get. I'm still leaning toward a regular pineapple. I have a long neck soprano, Koaloha. I'm thinking that a regular pineapple might be a kick! But I'm not really decided.

Welcome back, Thinker. I had wondered where you were. I vote for the standards - a classic.

Top Bottom