Clawhammer banjolele or Ukulele?

Bland Mango Patterson

Reaction score
Jesse James for clawhammer - what sounds better, banjo or wood?

I dont often play clawhammer without a strap so i muffed a few notes on the wood but i still believe CH uke sounds better on the wood.

Yeah, I think I like the wood better. How does the volume compare?

Nice!
Different. They're different from one another. I'd be hard pressed to choose which I like better - they both sound great. I'd probably lean toward the banjo uke, due to being partial to that sound, but wouldn't say it's better.

Were you having a NDE when this was recorded? Tunnel of light?

Nearly. I drove ten hours to reach a place 3 hours away due to flooding in QLD. This is the side of the highway somewhere between Goondiwindi and Chinchilla! resting me poor tail bone. and yeah, the volume doesnt compare. In fact i rarely play the wooden uke coz i cant hear it.

I love both, I wouldn't like to have to choose really. I do love a banjo sound, and here both sound just great - very different, but great! May I post your video to my blog, please? It's so interesting......

Nice!

I like both. Both are great. However, if I have to choose one of two, ......, I choose banjolele.

certainly Ms Gypsy, you may post it :) ... i posed the question because when i play i feel something gets lost on the banjo but as is often the case it seems others dont hear that. thanks for the feedback folks

Top Bottom