The Milwaukee Ukulele Club

DaleR

Reaction score
Hey!

They have a meeting this Sunday, February 10th at the
Jewish Community Center, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
6255 North Santa Monica Blvd.

Who else on here is going?! This will be my very first all ukulele session!

Hey!

They have a meeting this Sunday, February 10th at the
Jewish Community Center, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
6255 North Santa Monica Blvd.

Who else on here is going?! This will be my very first all ukulele session!

I'll be there, Dale. Welcome to the club!

There aren't a lot of Milwaukee Uke Club members on the Underground. But you'll have a good time, nonetheless.

And you should bring your U-Bass! We could always use someone on the bass line!

Last edited:
I might be going to this too.
I've wanted to go to one for a while, but never quite got up the nerve.
Maybe I'll see you there!

~Fred

I might be going to this too.
I've wanted to go to one for a while, but never quite got up the nerve.
Maybe I'll see you there!

~Fred

Do it Fred! And bring one of those Leeward ukes for us to drool over!

I'll be there, Dale. Welcome to the club!

There aren't a lot of Milwaukee Uke Club members on the Underground. But you'll have a good time, nonetheless.

And you should bring your U-Bass! We could always use someone on the bass line!

Yep, I was planning on the bass. Not sure whether to bring the sop or bari though. What do you suggest?

Yep, I was planning on the bass. Not sure whether to bring the sop or bari though. What do you suggest?

It depends on your level of play... Seems like you're a multi-instrumentalist. Sopranos are well represented at club meets, and we tend to be pretty beginner friendly, so a lot of our music is friendly for C tuning, often including standard chord diagrams. So if you're comfy with your chords, bring whatever you fancy. Otherwise, the soprano might be a little easier to deal with.

Have you seen our songbook? We also use The Daily Ukulele.

Thanks! And I see from the clock, it is tiki time! The Foundation at 4pm and then Lucky Joe's at 6pm or so. I will bring my sop today. I wonder where all the local MKE folks hang after work?!

I went once and it was a lot of fun, but Sundays just don't work for me these days. *sigh*

I play for the Turkish groups in town...Turam and Horon...I will miss their practice this Sunday to uke. I can do, once a month, Sundays.

And through my rather large network of places and musicians, I have secured a Monday after work/ early eve uke spot to just jam and hang out. Lucky Joe's Tiki Room, 196 S. 2nd Street in Milwaukee, would love to have us come down. Nothing formal, just a light, fun jam session. This will be brought up at the MKE Uke Club meeting Sunday, as a potential weekly thing.

These folks are awesome! Within the first half hour, we discussed intonation, technique, variation in styles, strumming patterns, music theory, note reading, chord patterns, alternate chord patterns, musicianship and arranging. It was mind boggling to a musician and all done in a very relaxed and fun way! I think they even had some voice lessons in there too! Had a great time!

Top Bottom