best song to start on for beginner?

liverlipsyyz

Reaction score
i'm just starting out on ukulele. i have some music theory knowledge and tab knowledge from playing guitar, drums and some other instruments. i was wondering if anyone could recommend one or two easy uke songs to get started on. preferebly one that had a video tutorial or demonstration online. or just some easy tab that i could find some accomponying video online for somewhere. i like the video because my big trouble area is getting the proper rythm and strumming pattern and i don't find those two areas covered in most tabs.

thanks!
liver

I would suggest Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World by Israel. Its a pretty simple song, everyone knows it and everyone loves it. It'll teach you some basic chords, strumming patterns and is just a lot of fun to play. I still play it every day to warm up.

If you like the band Beirut there are tutorials for several songs on: http://ukulala.blogspot.com/

Those are all rather easy (3-6 chords) and the guy also explains the strumming patterns.

First song i learnt Was Don' Be Cruel - Elvis Presley

I would suggest Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World by Israel. Its a pretty simple song, everyone knows it and everyone loves it. It'll teach you some basic chords, strumming patterns and is just a lot of fun to play. I still play it every day to warm up.

Yeah great song to learn I second that! This is the song that inspired me to buy myself an ukulele. The chords are really basic yet sound so complex when used together with this song. I usually have to tune my uke down a whole step to F if I want to sing while playing though. :eek:

The first song I learned was the picking to twinkle twinkle little star....And the first strumming song I learned was You Don't Write

Top Bottom