PDA

View Full Version : PHD low G tenor strings?

tonet
02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Anyone tried these strings? Do you know the gauge of them? Thanks.

Tigeralum2001
02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
I use them. Not sure of the gauge. I didn't need to file the nut, if that is your concern. It is slightly bigger than a Worth Clear, I believe.

tonet
02-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Do you like the sound and the feel?

Tigeralum2001
02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes, they are nice strings. I don't have a favorite string, though. I am still trying different brands on my different ukes. The are nice fluorocarbon strings. Jason, the inventor, designed them using KoAloha ukes, so they sound extra nice on KoAlohas.

Try a set, they are between $8-10 depending on the source. That shouldn't break the bank. They last about 3 months of solid play, longer if you ply infrequently. They seem to settle in pretty quick.

I have tried: Worth Clear, Worth Brown, Aquila, Hilo, and Aquila so far. Up next- SouthCoast and trying LaBellas on a non-Pepe uke

I have not run into a "bad" string, though Hilo is my least favorite so far.

Newportlocal
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I like the sound and feel. Thanks for reminding me. I have my last set on right now. I just ordered two reentrant and two low G. I am currently playing a set of the low G. I am not sure the gauge, but I didn't have to mod anything.

wickedwahine11
02-05-2013, 12:29 PM
They are currently on my KoAloha, and my second favorite on my Kanilea. They feel great, are reasonably priced, and are very bright and loud, with very good sustain.