Kamaka WHITE LABEL SOPRANO FULLY RESTORED AND READY TO PLAY!

mthurman52

Reaction score
I am parting with my kamaka soprano. Absolutey stunning and sounds impeccable. All solid koa with newish martin strings. Keeps tune for weeks. The action is great and plays up and down like butter. The fret board is a little worn but doesn't affect my playing.

Now, I bought this uke from a man that spent 250 dollars getting this uke restored. It had a crack on the back and needed some TLC when he received it. It was repaired wonderfully and had a complete restoration done at the same time. It needs nothing, just hands with more time than mine.

Included is a uke stand and hard tweed case (around $80).

Asking $325 plus shipping CONUS
PM ME
image.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_4.jpg

Last edited:
Dang I wish I could afford this right now - any uke with that much first-position wear was very well loved by somebody - I bet it sounds great!

wow, it works like a sitar with a scalloped fretboard, you bend by pressing down.......

Dang I wish I could afford this right now - any uke with that much first-position wear was very well loved by somebody - I bet it sounds great!

I owned this uke before striking the deal with mthurmann52 that took it out of my hands, and I just wanted to add a word about this particular piece.

I bought it from a local shop in Honolulu, Good Guys Music on Kapahulu, and as OldePhart says, it oozed a warm, well-loved vibe. It was in bad shape, particularly the cosmetics, but the vintage light construction and super open sound were fantastic. I took it to the Kamaka factory for repair of two small cracks and seam separation and for overall refurbishing. I asked them about the fretboard, which is koa. Given the age and construction of the overall instrument, and the fact that a koa fretboard is now unusual, they thought it best to leave it alone. I took their word, and it still plays fine. The clean up really made it look as nice as it sounds.

I'd also like to attest to the good dealings that I had with mthurmann52 - an excellent seller. I hope someone gives this uke more love soon!

Last edited:
sorry mate but links to ebay auctions are not allowed on the marketplace.

wow, it works like a sitar with a scalloped fretboard, you bend by pressing down.......

Just a word of note here. The worn fretboard is common with a lot of older ukes and guitars. If you look at the photos the OP has shown, the wear on the fretboard is not under the string, but between the strings. This is caused by finger nails digging out the wood over the years. Pressing down will not bend the strings like the true scalloped fingerboard. The only real way to remedy this is to remove the frets and resurface the finger board, re-cut the fret slots and replace the frets. This is not a problem unless the fingerboard is too thin to remove the necessary wood. So , if the uke plays fine and the wear doesn't bother you, best to just leave it alone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom