Original Strings on a Kiwaya Mahogany Concert KTC-1?

NewKid

Reaction score
The thin black strings that came with my Kiwaya KTC-1 Mahogany Concert were very sweet sounding but I changed them because they were hard to see. I have not been able to replicate that sound with various alternate string sets I've tried.

Can anyone confirm if those original strings were Fremont Blacks, Hilos, or some other brand? Thanks

fremont blacklines i love kiwayas i dont know if they are hard or mediums, though

Thanks, what strings do you have on your KTC-3?

Ooops, I thought the were GHS..

I know, kiss. People think they're lowly GHS or Hilos. But, Fremont licenses through Kiwaya, so Kiwaya dealers ( like lucysukulele on eBay, or HMS, or Elderly) sell Kiwaya and Fremont. And those best of class rectangular Fremont cases, too.

Strings for your kiwaya

I would use worth clears or living water strings i have a kiwaya uke and it sound great with worths

The thin black strings that came with my Kiwaya KTC-1 Mahogany Concert were very sweet sounding but I changed them because they were hard to see. I have not been able to replicate that sound with various alternate string sets I've tried.

Can anyone confirm if those original strings were Fremont Blacks, Hilos, or some other brand? Thanks

Top Bottom