Wixom Custom Concert Pineapple build pics

Doc_J

Reaction score
My Wixom concert pineapple has been on the drawing board since April of 2012. Willie just started it. The uke has the special things I wanted, including a redwood top and a maple fretboard. The headstock has the old time curvy looks to it. It will be different. I think it will be gorgeous.

Here's the a picture of the build so far, as of today. Body and headplate are walnut. I love that headstock shape.

pineapple2_zps1e808075.jpeg

Last edited:
Aloha Doc,
It's looking good now, can't wait to see the finished product. I love my Wixom Tenor and waiting for April, my build slot for a Concert I'm designing. It's a pleasure doing business with Willie..........
Congrats..................BO................

OH BOY! Wixom is still killing it with the custom ukes. That is going to be one awesome uke. Congrats.
-Justin Cecil

New build progress pics. The design is looking good!
Going with ebony nut and saddle.

525c2651-f8cc-4cba-b5d4-f0921e30f80d_zps633853c9.jpg

IMG_0039_zps2773728d.jpg

IMG_0038_zps0e15e6cd.jpg

Last edited:
That is great-looking, for sure! A really special instrument.

I love the rosette and purfling. Looking forward to pictures of the finished product!

Aloha Hodge,
Woww you sure know how to design a great ukulele....congratulations....woo hoo it looks amazing and beaaaautiful....betcha can't wait...hee hee

Aloha Hodge,
Woww you sure know how to design a great ukulele....congratulations....woo hoo it looks amazing and beaaaautiful....betcha can't wait...hee hee

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. It really is turning out even better than I imagined.

Willie has been great to work with, he's guided me into making some good design decisions.

Maple and redwood--hua.

As the only owner of a '75 Strat with a one piece maple neck and fretboard, I'm liking your pineapple...a lot. And that redwood top is magnificent. When you tire of it, shoot me a note and we'll work something out;)

Your ukulele is one of the first to be fitted with the new short shaft PEGHEDS. Many of the other models are 27.5 mm long. The ones on yours are 19mm. It really is a beautiful instrument. There will be no ears sticking out to detract from the beautiful shape of the top.

My goodness. What a beauty. If I had known purflex had existed when he made my uke they would be all over mine.
-JC

The Dwende design Purflex seemed to go well with dark redwood, walnut and maple .

Your ukulele is one of the first to be fitted with the new short shaft PEGHEDS. Many of the other models are 27.5 mm long. The ones on yours are 19mm. It really is a beautiful instrument. There will be no ears sticking out to detract from the beautiful shape of the top.

Cool. I thought those pegheds looked shorter than my other pegheds. Yes, with the vintage headstock design, only pegheds would do.

absolutely stunning uke Doc, congratulations!!!!! So beautiful!

Whoa!

That is possibly the prettiest pineapple I've seen yet. I wouldn't have thought redwood with a maple fretboard, but they compliment each other well.

Congrats, Doc.

Top Bottom