PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Shops in Asheville, North Carolina?

Wooville
02-06-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm heading to Asheville next weekend for a "bluegrass" holiday and was wondering if anyone knows of any good shops for Uke's and uke related product, in and around Asheville.

wooville

hoosierhiver
02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
North Carolina Ukulele Academy in Wilmington,
http://www.alohau.com/
Kent, the owner is a really nice guy.

dnewton2
02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Wilmington is not near Asheville. I used to live near there and was not aware of any great shop. I was not really looking though so there might be something ok but I doubt you will find many, if any, higher end ukes.

jglover
02-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Wilmington is not near Asheville. I used to live near there and was not aware of any great shop. I was not really looking though so there might be something ok but I doubt you will find many, if any, higher end ukes.

Aww, come on, its only about 300 or so miles...........:)

Wooville
02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Yea, I was thinking more or less, this side of the mountains. Went to Wilmington once and toured the USS North Carolina.

tomthebaptist
02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Deluxe Guitar Exchange in Greenville, SC. Its a 1 hour drive from Asheville on US 25. This is a boutique guitar store, carries Pono & Collings Ukuleles.

Then there is the UKE Republic outside of Atlanta... might be too fur of piece to travel (about 4 hours).

jwieties
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Also in Greenville SC...
http://www.russmorin.com/

KamakOzzie
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm heading to Asheville next weekend for a "bluegrass" holiday

wooville

I hope you have a "First Class" time !!
Don't miss the Bluegrass Album Band show. Wish I could go with you.

Bill

tomthebaptist
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
You might check out Dream Guitars in Weaverville. Its just outside of Asheville. Also, you might check Song of The Woods and Acoustic Corner in Black Mountain. Don't know if they carry ukes or not.

Wooville
02-07-2013, 02:03 AM
Thanks, I plan on a BIG First Class time....me and around 18 of my best friends are converging there! How can we miss! Bluegrass Album Band is top of the list!

I hope you have a "First Class" time !!
Don't miss the Bluegrass Album Band show. Wish I could go with you.

Bill