PDA

View Full Version : downloading aldrine's lessons?

liverlipsyyz
12-10-2008, 11:44 AM
i'd like to download some of aldrine's lessons so i can view them on my ipod. does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how to do it?

seeso
12-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Most of the videos are downloadable straight from viddler.com. Just click the "download this" icon under the video.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ukeunderground/videos/

You have to be logged into your viddler account to be able to download.

After you download the file, you'll have to convert it into a file type that your iPod supports (m4v, mp4, mov).

rayan
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
we also have some of the videos in ipod format in the podcast section of itunes. check that out. might be an easy way to get them on your iPod. just search ukulele underground in iTunes

wickedwahine11
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
You can also look for the video podcast on iTunes. It is called "Ukulele Underground Uke Lessons with Aldrine Guerrero." They are free, and there are 7 of them available for download.

liverlipsyyz
12-11-2008, 05:45 AM
i had previously downloaded all his itunes stuff but only three of them would copy to my ipod. all the others gave me an error that they could not be copied to my ipod because my ipod could not play them. weird? i have a 30gb video ipod that's only about one year old. i have no idea why three of the podcasts copied fine and the other ones all gave me errors???

wickedwahine11
12-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Most of the videos are downloadable straight from viddler.com. Just click the "download this" icon under the video.

After you download the file, you'll have to convert it into a file type that your iPod supports (m4v, mp4, mov).

Hey Seeso...I tried downloading it but it won't let me do so, even when logged in. Did you download as a flash or as the source to get it to work? (I wanted to download some of the lessons not on iTunes).

seeso
12-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey Seeso...I tried downloading it but it won't let me do so, even when logged in. Did you download as a flash or as the source to get it to work? (I wanted to download some of the lessons not on iTunes).

I can download both files. I don't know why you're having problems.

rayan
12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
i had previously downloaded all his itunes stuff but only three of them would copy to my ipod. all the others gave me an error that they could not be copied to my ipod because my ipod could not play them. weird? i have a 30gb video ipod that's only about one year old. i have no idea why three of the podcasts copied fine and the other ones all gave me errors???

Yeah we're working on fixing this.

Ukeguy510
12-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I tried an OTA podcast download to my iPhone. None of the vids worked either :(

Jaxxstatic
12-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Someone helped me out with downloading the vids before I deployed so I could learn while I was gone. I downloaded the newest Realplayer and a program to convert to Ipod format. With Realplayer, anytime you click play on any flash movie (Vimeo, Youtube, Viddler, anything), a button pops up that says "Download" or something. You can download as many as you want without having to even wait for the vid to finish-just get them started. It's really helped me out a lot, and I've been able to download a lot of Youtube vids to learn songs from, along with the UU lessons, minutes, and uke got mail.

Jack
01-03-2009, 06:57 PM
There's this great site called http://www.file2hd.com/ where you can enter the URL from youtube of the video you want, click the "agree with terms" thingy and click the movies bubble for the filters. It will run down maybe 2 links. The one that has ".mp4" at the end of the link, right click and press "save link as". Take that mp4 document and drag it to your iTunes. If you try to sync to your iPod and it wont let you, right clip on the icon of you video and click "convert to iPod/iPhone format".

And there you go! Enjoy!

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-28-2009, 02:02 AM
hey just thought i'd bring this back up.

are anymore of the eps going to be put on itunes? i can only download 7 episodes.

^ yeah that sites good, another is keepvid.com

*at seeso
how u dl the vids from the viddler site? :D

seeso
02-28-2009, 05:08 AM
*at seeso
how u dl the vids from the viddler site? :D

cpatch
02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
What about the UStream lessons? They seem to have gone out of their way to make sure their videos can't be downloaded.

wickedwahine11
02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, and I'm still dying for a downloadable copy of Lesson One: Love Song. I hate that I can't download it off iTunes or Viddler. :mad:

seeso
02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
What about the UStream lessons? They seem to have gone out of their way to make sure their videos can't be downloaded.

I wouldn't say that. The vast majority of lessons can be downloaded from viddler. I think they use ustream for their live lessons because it's good for live broadcasts, and it has a chatroom. It's ustream that should be chided for non-downloadable videos, not UU.

seeso
02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, and I'm still dying for a downloadable copy of Lesson One: Love Song. I hate that I can't download it off iTunes or Viddler. :mad:

Here's a link to download lesson one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/90060234/ee312f4a/1_-_Ukulele_Lesson_1_-_Love_Song.html

cpatch
02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't say that. The vast majority of lessons can be downloaded from viddler. I think they use ustream for their live lessons because it's good for live broadcasts, and it has a chatroom. It's ustream that should be chided for non-downloadable videos, not UU.
That IS who I was chiding.

seeso
02-28-2009, 03:25 PM
My mistake.

seeso
02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
More clarification for cpatch - I misinterpreted your post, and replied in haste. I'll endeavor to take more care when reading your posts and approach them with an unbiased eye. My sincere apologies.

wickedwahine11
02-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Here's a link to download lesson one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/90060234/ee312f4a/1_-_Ukulele_Lesson_1_-_Love_Song.html

Seeso, you rule. Many mahalos. :shaka:

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
can u convert to mp3 so it can go on ipod?

seeso
02-28-2009, 07:15 PM
UR, mp3 is an audio format. If you want to watch a video on your iPod, you have to make sure that it is in a format that an iPod supports (mov, m4v, mp4...)

sternship
04-27-2009, 12:33 PM
hey there- I was trying to learn aldrine's lesson on flake by jack johnson on ustream- the problem is that it gets to be a pain in the bum bum having to load up the whole video every time or leaving the web browser open all the time in fear of losing the whole lesson!! I have the realplayer download software but it isn't compatible with ustream apparently - any suggestions??

Oh and btw, I am a (very proud) creative zen owner - would u be able to put some of aldrine's lessons on the zencast program for us creative users??
Thanks again guys for everything :)

flipanda
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
yea itd be nice to be able to download the live lessons from ustream also. because i like skipping around during a video to either go back to replay or whatever and doing it on a streaming player just sucks.

still, gotta love the fact that aldrine does this for members week after week.

thanks aldrine for the lessons!

jaunedeau
04-30-2009, 10:22 AM
If Aldrine or someone else has full resolution on the videos, maybe they can open a torrent with them and a few people in the forum can leave them open all the time, so everybody can have the full quality version ?

whetu
05-31-2009, 01:24 AM
You should be able to download almost anything from youtube into mp4 (i.e. ipod friendly) format using a clever javascript browser bookmark:

http://1024k.de/bookmarklets/video-bookmarklets.html

Note that I am not condoning the use of this method for downloading copyrighted material!!! In this case though, I'm sure there's no problem with using it to transfer UU/Aldrine learning material from youtube to an ipod or pc

(Mods: If I'm wrong, feel free to remove this post)

I've just done a quick test of this and it appears that Aldrine's vids will download in mp4, so there you go :)

cs1x
07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I love the podcast. I was just wondering if all of the other lessons will be put on itunes?

zdiver7
08-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Just found the podcast, but 4 of the 7 available said that the link was broken to the download and couldnt complete... looks like I'll have to download the vids another way... I want the video lesson for schizo snowflake too as this is one of my fav AG songs :)