WTS Vintage 1950s Martin Style 1 Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koa Soprano

Reaction score
WTS Vintage 1950s Martin Style 1 Mahogany $750 Shipped OBO

SOLD THANKYOU!

For sale is a vintage Martin Style 1 in Mahogany. I think it is from around the 1950's. Has T frets, NO USA stamp, and the headstock doesn't look as long as the later ones.

Pretty good condition overall, has pick wear on both sides of the fingerboard, and checkering in the lacquer finsh in some areas. The G tuner button has been melted slightly but still works fine.

The back has a professionally repaired crack with cleats on the inside. It is pretty much invisible, very well done and the finish on the back has been french polished smooth.

A repair shop receipt will come with it stating the work done, which was about a year ago. Also comes with the case pictured, not sure if original.

Asking $750 Shipped obo by Canada Post. US buyers can pay by money order or Paypal, Canadian buyers EMT, money order or paypal. Will also take 1oz Silver Maple Leaf coins.

Make an offer, I bought two Larrivee ukes recently and can't afford three higher priced ukes in my collection.

1239mwg.jpg

95ubtj.jpg
2ikrcy.jpg

Last edited:
Is it free? :D

That's a pretty ukulele. I like dark mahogany.

Ahh the shark fin tuners...got them on one of mine....wow 2 larrive ukes....Good Luck on the sale and Happy Strummings..

Can someone tell me the era these 'Shark fin' tuners were used?
Sorry if you consider this a Thread 'high-jack'

While tuning it today I noticed the G tuner button has a slightly melted corner. it works fine but I updated a photo to show it and dropped the price.

This looks suspiciously like my Ken Timms. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom