Waiting for the postman...

nighthunte29

Reaction score
Stop! Oh yeah, wait a minute!

Crikey doesn't time go slowly when you are waiting for the post man to deliver your Guitalele! Or so I hope, I shouldn't really build my hopes up, as I never got a tracking number!

That feeling you get when you wake up in the morning and think, 'Soon, the wait will all be over!'. But it always takes longer than you think for some reason or another!

I was even inspired to write a song about this situation, but The Marvelettes already did it!

But I couldn't hold my excitement any longer, I have just let it all flow out my hands via the medium of text! At least you guys understand, I could have chosen social network, and maybe received one 'like' or so, but the satisfaction comes from the mutual experience of excitement, you guys can relate to this!

I think we should all put our best waiting experiences in text, in this here thread, and in the mean time help a friend out who is experiencing prolonged time, as maybe reading will help it go faster!

I am not wishing my life away, merely wishing for it to arrive! :D

While waiting for my first uke, which was like a month ago, I had a tracking number. The thing is, the tracking number didn't update until it was 30 minutes from my house haha. Drove me crazy. I thought they lost my package. 1000 different scenarios went through my head of where it was. Took about a week and it was totally worth that wait. Sometimes the wait is a good thing, keeps you excited.

I know the feeling! I remember one time, where I ordered something pretty local, and though it would arrive in 1 or 2 days, I tracked it, and it had somehow made it to Scotland!
Life is a waiting game I guess, it helps to learn how to!

Hi nighthunte,

hope you get your Guitalele soon, I guess it's the Yamaha GL-1? Great instrument for a very cheap price, I like mine. :D

Do you have some better strings at home? The delivered nylon strings are (at least in my opinion) very bad, silent and muffled. I strung my Guitalele with d'Addario as Bass Strings (ADG) and Martin Flourocarbon as high strings (CEA), that gives a very pleasant and well-balanced sound for my ears. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69ezdaYR8A

Cheers,
Linho

Hi!
Yes it is a GL1 :D
I have no strings, but from playing a cheap 'toy' ukulele, I am sure they will suffice for the time being!
I plan on buying a set of D'Addario high tensions, but putting the first spring in the G-spot (haha) so I can have re-entrant tuning, which will certainly be great fun!
Thanks for the video! I can't watch enough of them!
What is the action like on it? I have heard mixed opinions...

As of 12:50GMT I am now officially the proud owner of a Yamaha Guitalele, unfortunately it is wrapped in indestructible paper.

Conrats on your new Guitarlele....woo hoo....Happy Strummings.... Yes I am very fortunate when I get my ukes with priority mail in a few days... snail mail by boat a few times too long:(
5-6 weeks....have gone crazy many times and called...they just don't know where it is....sheesh

Thanks for the video! I can't watch enough of them!
What is the action like on it? I have heard mixed opinions...
:D

The action on mine is good for me, I didn't have to change it. Maybe a bit high, but I think if it was lower, the wound bass strings started buzzing. ;)

How's yours? :)

Mine is fine, it appears nicely set up, unless they generally are, and it is only about 1.5mm at 1st fret and 4mm at 12th fret.
It is unbelievably fun to play, I can just play the same two chords for hours and make it sound great! I am having a lot of fun with it, more so than I do on guitar for sure!
It is incredible how loud it is and how much it resonates, this must be a trait with similar/tenor sized ukuleles, I can't imagine how great it would be to play a nice custom built tenor! Maybe it is something worth putting on the credit card! Wait, what were the symptoms of UAS?
I originally wanted a high G on it, but the more I play it, the more I want to keep the low G!

Top Bottom