SO Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrnaukelele

Reaction score
Jake is coming to Anchorage on Saturday! Not disappointed about that- I've had tickets for months.
But I just found out today he's teaching an hour long class Saturday afternoon and it's totally sold out. I never heard a word about it until today. Absolutely bummed. :(

Aloha Myrna,
don't give up too easily...contact them and ask....they may be able to squeeze you in since you are a Avid uker and UU member....tell them that...never hurts to ask IN PERSON>>>
go for it girl...use your people skills and charm too..:) Good Luck

Aloha Myrna,
don't give up too easily...contact them and ask....they may be able to squeeze you in since you are a Avid uker and UU member....tell them that...never hurts to ask IN PERSON>>>
go for it girl...use your people skills and charm too..:) Good Luck

Great idea stan! I may just do that. He is one of my ukulele heroes!!

Just in case you didn't realize, he's coming to Anchorage on SUNDAY.....Saturday, he's right here in Olympia, WA.

Call Jake's manager and ask if Jake'd be willing to give you a private one hour lesson if you re-mortgage your house to pay for it, and that it'd mean a lot to you since you're terminally ill and you bought every single CD and tab book that Jake ever put out and plan to have it all buried with you in the casket.

He might bite.

Call Jake's manager and ask if Jake'd be willing to give you a private one hour lesson if you re-mortgage your house to pay for it, and that it'd mean a lot to you since you're terminally ill and you bought every single CD and tab book that Jake ever put out and plan to have it all buried with you in the casket.

He might bite.

I'm sure you meant this to be funny, I'm sure when you typed it out you were thinking "ha, what a great joke, sure everyone will laugh at this". But guess what? I'm NOT laughing. I know I haven't been on the forums recently because of being sicker than usual and I hate that I am wasting what little energy I have typing this reply, but I couldn't let it go. I couldn't just laugh and think "well, it's bad taste but ha ha ha" because it's not bloody funny. You may not realise but I am sick, I am really bloody sick, and I am terminally ill. There, now you know. You know this isn't just in bad taste it's beyond bad taste, how on earth could you think it would be funny to make a joke like this? You know I don't care what people think of me right now because I'm pissed. I am so pissed off that someone would think this was a good "joke". Yeah, maybe when you read this and think "wow she needs a sense of humour" - maybe I do, but right now all I can think is that I hurt bloody everywhere, my pain is at an 8 even with morphine in my system, my body hurts, like really, really, f***ng hurts and you're making jokes about how if you can convince Jake you're dying then he might make time for you. I get it, it's a laugh and you're going to think I'm over reacting and so will other people, but I don't care. I don't care.

I fight every single day to get out of bed and actually do something with my day. I'm so exhausted right now that I can't even pick up my ukulele, let alone play it and you're making jokes. So, ha bloody ha, glad you could laugh, and I'm glad that to you being in my predicament is funny, but it sure as hell isn't for me.

I'm done, you can all go on about how I'm over reacting and everything, I'm done. I have to go and lie down anyway because this has made me so very angry and upset that my body is telling me I have to lie down or collapse. So I'm done, you can go back to your lives now.

He's been completely useless ever since he fakeposted about driving and playing uke. Remember the fakepost into the Puppetmaster technique? Well now he's gone beyond, and needs to be banned.

Jake is coming to Anchorage on Saturday! Not disappointed about that- I've had tickets for months.
But I just found out today he's teaching an hour long class Saturday afternoon and it's totally sold out. I never heard a word about it until today. Absolutely bummed. :(

Since I'm here already, just wanted to wish you luck in finding a way into the class...if not this time, then next!

He's been completely useless ever since he fakeposted about driving and playing uke. Remember the fakepost into the Puppetmaster technique? Well now he's gone beyond, and needs to be banned.

Isn't banning someone over-reacting? If someone posts something, respond that you don't like the remarks. I don't like locking threads quickly because of the tone either.

Yeah, I don't find the post humorous but I wouldn't ban anyone unless they started being beligerent to everyone. He adds a lot to the table and gives you an opinion and I like that you give your opinion as well.

I say just show up and complain. I purchased tickets for one of Jake's shows in Chicaco, checked the wrong box, and got tickets to the 12:00 a.m. performance instead of the 9:00 p.m. Didn't find out till I got there. I griped and complained and ended up with a couple of Jake's reserved seats. (don't tell anybody)

Sorry to hear that you could not make into the class but you will love the show. Jake is a such a nice guy and a great performer. Usually he takes some time after the show to greet everyone and sign posters and ukes. Have a good time.

I'm sure you meant this to be funny, I'm sure when you typed it out you were thinking "ha, what a great joke, sure everyone will laugh at this". But guess what? I'm NOT laughing. I know I haven't been on the forums recently because of being sicker than usual and I hate that I am wasting what little energy I have typing this reply, but I couldn't let it go. I couldn't just laugh and think "well, it's bad taste but ha ha ha" because it's not bloody funny. You may not realise but I am sick, I am really bloody sick, and I am terminally ill. There, now you know. You know this isn't just in bad taste it's beyond bad taste, how on earth could you think it would be funny to make a joke like this? You know I don't care what people think of me right now because I'm pissed. I am so pissed off that someone would think this was a good "joke". Yeah, maybe when you read this and think "wow she needs a sense of humour" - maybe I do, but right now all I can think is that I hurt bloody everywhere, my pain is at an 8 even with morphine in my system, my body hurts, like really, really, f***ng hurts and you're making jokes about how if you can convince Jake you're dying then he might make time for you. I get it, it's a laugh and you're going to think I'm over reacting and so will other people, but I don't care. I don't care.

I fight every single day to get out of bed and actually do something with my day. I'm so exhausted right now that I can't even pick up my ukulele, let alone play it and you're making jokes. So, ha bloody ha, glad you could laugh, and I'm glad that to you being in my predicament is funny, but it sure as hell isn't for me.

I'm done, you can all go on about how I'm over reacting and everything, I'm done. I have to go and lie down anyway because this has made me so very angry and upset that my body is telling me I have to lie down or collapse. So I'm done, you can go back to your lives now.

Joey, sorry to see you under these circumstances. Hope you feel better. Thoughts are with you. Take care.

Isn't banning someone over-reacting? If someone posts something, respond that you don't like the remarks. I don't like locking threads quickly because of the tone either.

Yeah, I don't find the post humorous but I wouldn't ban anyone unless they started being beligerent to everyone. He adds a lot to the table and gives you an opinion and I like that you give your opinion as well.

Where is this opinion you speak of? That dying people better have it better off because they can meet celebrities? That when you get diagnosed with something terminal, your reaction should be "Yay! I get to meet Jake!" That's the opinion you think is worth posting?

Does it matter, the handful of UUers that this directly insults... Marginalizes? So at UU, we can make fun of sick people and that's totally ok and even encouraged?

Stay classy.

At other forums, he'd have been temp banned for fake posting alone. That never happened because it's all sunshine and cupcakes, but if they do nothing about this, then they're endorsing this behavior and anyone should think twice about such a place.

The ME isn't terminal as such (unless one chooses not to go on and that happens). The fibro isn't terminal, just painful. The brittle asthma? Yes, that very much is. Isn't Joey, or anyone else here going through similar circumstances, just so very lucky?

Just in case you didn't realize, he's coming to Anchorage on SUNDAY.....Saturday, he's right here in Olympia, WA.
I mistyped!! Yes, he's here on Sunday! And even if I don't get into his class I'll still be thrilled to go to the concert. I saw him last time he was in Anchorage - what a great show. And he is just such a nice person.

Since I'm here already, just wanted to wish you luck in finding a way into the class...if not this time, then next!

Oh joeybug thanks for your kindness. You have given all of us such encouragement with your daily uke posts. I am sad to hear you are so very ill and cannot even pick up your uke. I am sending lots of love and healing thoughts your way.

I had no idea he was coming to Anchorage. I just left Anchorage today to come back to the Bush. If I had known, I would have stayed the two extra days. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that you could not make into the class but you will love the show. Jake is a such a nice guy and a great performer. Usually he takes some time after the show to greet everyone and sign posters and ukes. Have a good time.

He is such a genuinely nice guy. I was lucky enough to see him last time he played Anchorage. He was fabulous! And yes, he stayed after his show and signed for an hour and a half. I'm bringing a uke for him to sign.

Ladies and gentlemen, this thread will stay on topic from now on. Please don't test that. If you do, your off topic posts will be deleted and you may be sent to the cooler.

Let's get something clear. Your admins and mods will decide when action is appropriate. We do not ban people to order.

If something offends or concerns you then please report it and leave it for admin and mods to deal with, then resist the urge to make things worse by sounding off on the open board. Feeding conflict will just get you on the radar as a muck stirrer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

We now return you to your scheduled topic.

OK. With profuse apologies I'm going to go against my own instruction to stay on topic.

Despite what has been said here, and in PMs, UU cares very much about its members - especially those who may be vulnerable.

The fact that we do not always choose to conduct our actions in public (partly to avoid embarrassment to other members) does not mean that nothing happens. It just means that we don't always make a display of what we do. Also, action we take may be done in stages, for various reasons (to give an offender a chance to apologise, for example). That means things may take a while.

Stuff is not always as simple as people assume.

Some members try to make it their business to be a kind of vigilante conscience for this board. That is not acceptable. It does not work. Furthermore, it is often accompanied by a kind of mob-rousing belligerence that makes things worse. It is particularly frustrating when the terms used to criticise UU and its admin/mod team are ones that are universally recognised as lacking in integrity - the invocation of False Premise for example.

With profuse apologies to the OP, I'm closing this thread.

Myrnaukelele, please feel free to start over with a clean thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom