mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last Time I had a ukulele delivered to my house...the mailman called
to my window...I said yes.. he said, I got a delivery....I said okay
hold on a moment...he said , you want to refuse delivery....I said
What??
Today I look on my Track and confirm and it said left a note...
I looked in my mailbox and there was no note and he I did not hear him call me... Last time I told him to ring the door bell, but I guess
he forgot again....

What should I do, all the neighborhood hates him and I was the only
nice guy who backed him up, now I am having second thoughts...
Especially when it comes to my ukes..... PO Stan:(
PS just venting my disappointment..... not directed to all mail carriers, but just this one...:(

You have to tell their supervisor, they hate their supervisors.

Makes sense; I'm not super-fond of my supervisors, either.

Other end of the spectrum: we had ok mail service -- kind of hit or miss -- until my mailman saw me playing the uke on the porch. We chatted, he strummed a few chords, and now he owns his own uke.

My mail service is excellent.

Good luck, Stan. Win him over with some good tunes.

And if he's bad on his entire route, then go to his supervisor with signatures to that effect, if you really want to turn the heat up on him. It sounds like he'd rather not have the job, so I don't see why he should.

Ask Len what to do... he is an expert in the field.

And if he's bad on his entire route, then go to his supervisor with signatures to that effect, if you really want to turn the heat up on him. It sounds like he'd rather not have the job, so I don't see why he should.

my neighbors have complained for over a year and they say his relative is his boss.. they get no where...they even had a supervisor follow him around because of complaints and he is
still here...before him, we had all great carriers to this route....

We have problems with a lot of our deliveries. I've had ukes actually left in the street, on the side of the street, in the heat of a Louisiana summer, and had some rained on (not hard).

My dog Boo does a great imitation of "the hellhound who will rip you to shreds". In spite of how he acts, he wouldn't harm a fly (well, OK, he does eat them sometimes, but he wouldn't harm a human!). There's an electric fence that keeps him off the sidewalk, so there's a clear path to the porch. The delivery folks all know this, but some of them still can't get past the fiend-dog snarling at them. I guess I understand.

So - all the ukulele deliveries go to a Post Office Box. They have new services now at some Post Offices. Certain boxes will accept FedEx & UPS deliveries, and you get an e-mail notification when your ukulele/package arrives. Plus it's one less truck, less handling, less heat, cold, etc.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Use the address of a friend who has a better carrier??

maybe sic dirk"s dog on him?

Stan,

Move on up here to Mililani! I need a fellow uker around here! Lol !

And people don't like getting called on their bs. If you just flat out ask him why he's so terrible, he may not have a good answer. Insulting you probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, but if that's the best he has, then you know he has no real answer. You could always try logging his terribleness in a notebook, and sending the notebook to the postmaster general, with a copy to the supervisor.

Or maybe he'll give you an honest answer and you can talk about it. :)

I am in a wheelchair and dont drive so PO box is not a good idea... did I say I did not get one of my tax 1099 forms yet...I called the bank and they are mailing me another...sheesh

Stan,

Move on up here to Mililani! I need a fellow uker around here! Lol !

I was up that side a week ago...had to go to my cousins burial ...in mililani Cemetary...old days we used to ride dirt bike up the mountains and trails before the prison and cemetary.....there
even was some sort of real old barraks up there and a shooting range I remember....

Or, you could invite my parents up there, and my mother will take care of him for you. She's one of those that... While she'd hate to just get people fired... Takes care of business no matter who is related to whom. :D

I have found it useless to complain about public servants like Postmen, they just get angry. Usually if they are messing up the customers they are also messing up their bosses or contract managers (if they are contractors). Karma usually gets them and they get moved on or don't get the contract again at renewal time. Be nice to the fellow, he may have some problems you don't know about, either personal or with bad local management, let the system sort out any problems with his work. Obviously if your mail goes missing or does not arrive you just follow the system and report the problem without mentioning the postman, let the USPS do the investigation and find where the problems are. Here in Australia you just call a hotline and say your mail did not arrive or has not been delivered intact.

In Tasmania here. I did complain about our parcel post person leaving things jammed in a letter box so that all the rain poured in, folding things up, etc. I got a nice response & the postie lifted their game. I have to say I am on great terms with my latest parcel post person though. I'm always so excited to get my parcels, esp ukulele parcels, that it makes their day. And just as with my rampant UAS, I've had various other AS issues. Ebay is my downfall. Though HMS may catch up :D

Last edited:
There is a supervisor over the supervisor. Escalate to the next level of fire power. Talk on the telephone and ask if a registered letter with delivery confirmation is required. Ask if it can be rectified at his/her level or if it needs to go yet another level higher. Ask if can be resolved within the USPS or is this something which needs to be dealt with at the state/federal government level, and brought to the attention of others through letters to the editor, local talk radio and/or television, or viral u-Tube publicity.

I just went through a simiar situation with a truck delivery system. Soemewhere, there is someone who really cares about the customers...even in the USPO system.

There is a supervisor over the supervisor. Escalate to the next level of fire power. Talk on the telephone and ask if a registered letter with delivery confirmation is required. Ask if it can be rectified at his/her level or if it needs to go yet another level higher. Ask if can be resolved within the USPS or is this something which needs to be dealt with at the state/federal government level, and brought to the attention of others through letters to the editor, local talk radio and/or television, or viral u-Tube publicity.

I just went through a simiar situation with a truck delivery system. Soemewhere, there is someone who really cares about the customers...even in the USPO system.

I was thinking along the same lines.......

Up here in the near-arctic, the parcels stay in the post office storage room. A notice is sent to our mailbox, then we go to the post office and pick the parcels up. It almost never happens that stuff is jammed into doorways or mailboxes; or left unattended in driveways etc. Works well. So far, I have no reason to fear that instruments or other fragile objects are not handled carefully. Sorry to hear about your worries, Stan.

Top Bottom