Do $2,000 ukes ALWAYS sound better than a $200 uke ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5150ukulele

Reaction score
It's a simple question deserving a simple answer .

YES ? or, NO ?

No need for explanations and or scientific research .

JUST YES OR NO ?

..a question, friend, that is impossible to answer with a simple "yes" or "no."

(..especially by ukulele players...)

I don't know what a junior member with only 6 posts thinks they are going to achieve by insulting the senior members of the forum straight up. No accounting for manners.

Anthony

No, the price of an instrument has nothing to do with its sound. Price a Dolphin at $5000 and tell me if it sounds any better.

I can't argue that it is a simple question. I haven't heard anything quite so simple in a long time.

No, the price of an instrument has nothing to do with its sound. Price a Dolphin at $5000 and tell me if it sounds any better.

I can't argue that it is a simple question. I haven't heard anything quite so simple in a long time.

That argument doesn't make sense with what OP is asking. He's not asking if putting a price on a uke makes it sound better, but how much the price and the process in building it, materials, etc make a difference.

Price of an instrument has a lot to do with sound to a point. i'm sure theres a price that a luthier could tell you where it goes from improving sound quality to blingafying an instrument.(I've heard about Moore Bettah saying that $2500 is the limit and anything after is non-improving but don't quote me.) You are mostly always going to get a better uke when you compare a $200 uke to a $2000 uke.

You have to think about builders using better materials, the uke is most likely be more carefully built by hand, bracing/design would be levels higher and just having a higher quality overall process of production and finish. When you pay 2k for a uke, you are also paying for a uke that will last a very long time.

Next question don't hurry

No.:eek:ld:...........

No. Theres always the chance of a one-in-a-million instrument that sounds brilliant despite its price. Musical instrument making isn't an exact science, and sometimes you get lucky.

Reminds me of one of my schoolfriends, who bought a cheap electric guitar from a second hand shop to learn on. The thing was battered to hell when he bought it, covered in grime, rusty strings, the works. He cleaned it up, put some new strings on it, took it to his lesson, and ended up never playing it any of the lessons. His teacher (a local pro player, who did lessons on the side) snagged it every time, and gave him his (very expensive, top of the range) Gibson SG to play instead. The teacher ended up buying the guitar off my mate, and still plays it. Just loved the tone.

also consider the aesthetics and the fact that an instrument is hand-built with pride.

No. .......

I don't know what a junior member with only 6 posts thinks they are going to achieve by insulting the senior members of the forum straight up. No accounting for manners.

Anthony

+1
Not a pleasant way to start on a forum.

You just haven't turned it yet baby.
~Morrissey

What Duane and Mike said. No, not always. But a $2,000.00 ukulele always costs more than a $200.00 ukulele.

NO

But the consistancy is better but not the price...of course you might get lucky as I did with a 24.95 uke and found a gem in the haystck....

When you load the question with "ALWAYS" then it's not worth answering - the answer is obviously no.

I would say no, not always. It's in the ears of the beholder. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom