Ukulele Road trip

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
Thanks to the blizzard of 2013, I had to perform a rescue mission with my ukes. I lost power Friday night and by Saturday evening temps were in the 40's in my house and in the teens outside. So after our Governor lifted his self imposed travel ban, I loaded my babies into my truck and high tailed it to a friend's house who has a generator, and thus heat.

My power came back on today and I am happy to report that the mission was a success. Both owner and ukuleles are very happy to be back home. And back online! Here's a pic of my displaced babies on my friends floor.
268_zps080a2d4c.jpg

Ugh, what a nightmare! Glad to hear all is well now, Dana. It's crazy to think that, even when we know what's coming days ahead of time, there's still nothing we can do about Mother Nature; she's gonna have her way regardless. Luckily we just barely missed the brunt of what you guys got in New England down here in PA. I can't wait until Memorial Day. Haha.

Glad that you and your uke's are back home and most important-safe!

Dana, several of us would become caretakers of any of your Moore Bettahs in a moments notice. :) Glad to know they all survived! Give them a strum for me!

Way to go Dana. Love has no boundries............

Hilarious! I complain to my wife we are always over packing and she would give me major stink eye as I would do the same thing!

Build a good fireplace in your house. Up here in the near-arctic, we face these things regularly. Firewood (and a generator) will pull you through. Good to see that the instruments are well taken care of, though!

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Just got my power back this morning at work. Very lucky that the pipes didn't freeze.

Did you leave your family for the ukes. :)

Another check under the laminate column.

Not to one up you... but my house was surrounded by a few feet of seawater on Friday night, then again on Saturday morning. My instruments survived just fine.... oh, and my family too.

Not to one up you... but my house was surrounded by a few feet of seawater on Friday night, then again on Saturday morning. My instruments survived just fine.... oh, and my family too.

Real tough coastal flooding Wicked. Especially on the South Shore. Is that where you are?

Top Bottom