Mya Moe Price Increase

coolkayaker1

Reaction score

Just wanted to alert fellow UU'ers in case they were thinking about a Mya Moe. :) Try to order before March 1.

Kinda bummed about this since I was projecting getting one but they need to make ends meet. I still think that they're worth it despite the price increase with the quality and service your getting.

That was nice of them! I was looking at ordering a Devine and couldn't decide. I was on the website daily looking at stuff, then one day I pulled it up to look some more and the base price had gone up $500 overnight. Well, that was the end of my Devine dream.

The good thing is many of the manufacturers notify people. We all know prices go up, so a little warning is a beautiful thing.

Price increases happen everywhere and the folks at Mya Moe haven't had one in almost two years. In that time, all the K brands have increased their prices and as tigeralum mentioned Eric Devine had a very large increase recently. It's easy for me to say that their value is still good since I have an order in before prices go up, but the reason I did order with them is because I was ready to put money down on a uke that would have costed at least twice as much. When I had the chance to get one of those other ukes in my hands, I realized that the increased price didn't upgrade what I knew I would get from Mya Moe.

For what it's worth, according to the video, ordering before the end of February locks in the pre-increase price. ordering requires only a $300 deposit.

Good points from all of you. Devine's prices jumped five hundred bucks?! That's almost a five percent increase! Lol

Mark has a good point; maybe you could put down the deposit, Xcalith, because the finish schedule and balance due is December 2013.

I wonder if the third wave of uke popularity wanes, and some argue it's beginning to peak already, that prices will eventually come down? I don't know.

Last edited:
I was playing around with their build your own uke tool this weekend (just for fun, mind you). I couldn't believe they are already booked to December. It surprises me they aren't raising their prices by more!

I was playing around with their build your own uke tool this weekend (just for fun, mind you). I couldn't believe they are already booked to December. It surprises me they aren't raising their prices by more!
Good point.

Hey, maybe someone should put a deposit on a half dozen spots now for December and sell them to the highest bidder in July. Lol.

Devine's prices jumped five hundred bucks?! That's almost a five percent increase!

His base price was $3500, it went to $4000. That's a 14.3% increase in base price. Arguably still worth it- I put him in the same category as Chuck Moore and Rick Turner (though I have paid no where near that for a uke). If you have seen him destroy a uke with a minor flaw that no one but he could see, then you know you are going to receive a piece of art.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand- props to MM for informing us of their plans. You have a little more than 2 weeks to place that order. I saw the wait time is approaching 1 year, so put the deposit down and you still have time to earn the rest of the cash!

Probably for the better; I can't afford one anyway and this assures I won't be living beyond my means this year. :(

Top Bottom