Who wants Wanguruwe?

Joko

Reaction score
In less than 60 days, I am moving to Thailand, and can only bring a couple ukuleles with me. Alas, I must part ways with Wanguruwe, the name I gave my very first ukulele. As ukes go, he's nothing special, but he has been somewhat notable by two things: He is signed by Julia Nunes and Aldrine Guerrero, AND he's been seen tens of thousands of times on YouTube.

Would you like to own Wanguruwe? If you live in Seattle, all you gotta do is come pick him up. He's free.

If you live elsewhere, all I ask is that you pay the UPS man to ship him to you.

How I bought Wanguruwe:

IN this video, I was DARED by my online friends to "get into an argument with my ukulele"...

And the voice of Wanguruwe came to be...

Wanguruwe

Wanguruwe was very upset whenever I picked up my old instrument, the guitar...

[video]http://www.myspace.com/video/joko/wanguruwe-speaks/16760441[/video]

[video]http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/18738853[/video]

Wanguruwe narrated my visit to the SF ukulele fest back in 2007.

Wanguruwe retired

Alas, eventually, Wanguruwe had to be retired due to zinc addiction and buying a better uke...

Now, after his retirement, Wanguruwe spent most of his time hanging on the wall or in a box. He only got brought out to be signed by ukulele celebrities or to help me out with holiday videos... He really got into Burrito Sabanero

Needs a good home

So, as you can see, I have totally anthropomorphized this little piece of wood which makes music. So have a lot of other people. I have ukes that I don't care about. As I purge my belongings in this move overseas, I'll just be donating them to the local Goodwill.

Wanguruwe is different. He's a Ukulele American. He needs a good home.

I'd love to pick up Wanguruwe. He would be an nice addition to ukulele for kids program through Monday Ukulele Ohana in the Tacoma area. There, he'd be enjoyed by many. Now, back to your videos.

Tacoma? That's just down the road a bit!

(BTW, just to be clear, Wanguruwe can't talk all by himself. He needs a little assistance)

What a legacy! BBQ sounds like the right fit for this "classic" Uke.

Very nice To Donate the uke Joko. Enjoyed the videos. Wish you the best in Thailand, look forward to the Thailand video! Aloha

THANK YOU, Joko! You are the first person I've met (in person) through UU, and it was a pleasure. Wanguruwe will be taken care of. (Wanguruwe of whom will care will be taken) I mean that in a good way. He will continue to bring smiles to many.
Best Wishes on your new adventure! :cool:

Top Bottom