A couple new ukes

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
Just a couple new ukes that are headed out into the world.
You can see more about these ukes on DeVineGuitars.com

858418_420427974712568_154036367_o.jpg

858697_420427954712570_1774351138_o.jpg

858912_420427971379235_1793037155_o.jpg

858104_420428048045894_1244355174_o.jpg

Aloha Eric,
Beautiful as always....you're at the top of my Fantasy wish list...................Bo.................

I think I like your basic stuff better. using CNC and having purfling premade isn't as exciting to me. However your ukes sound amazing and that is the most important factor.

some day hopefully soon<Dreaming/Praying> :drool:

If I wanted a custom anything...it would be a DeVine First and foremost...money no object, imho! Beautiful as always! :shaka:

Two-year waiting period <facepalm> :wallbash:

Last edited:
I'm sure Tyler will do a video of each. I enjoy those very much, Eric.

Those are amazing instruments and a tour of your website is beyond superlatives. Just stunning!

If you don't mind a design question....is it luthier convention or your personal design to put the sound hole to the right of the fingerboard as you look at the instrument? I've seen some players that fingerpick or strum with their right hand at the last couple of frets and that position would place their hand over (or very near) the sound hole. I was wondering if anyone tried putting the sound hole on the face of the instrument to the left of the fingerboard instead of to the right?

Thanks for the visual feast!

Thanks guys for all the feedback!
If you don't mind a design question....is it luthier convention or your personal design to put the sound hole to the right of the fingerboard as you look at the instrument? I've seen some players that fingerpick or strum with their right hand at the last couple of frets and that position would place their hand over (or very near) the sound hole. I was wondering if anyone tried putting the sound hole on the face of the instrument to the left of the fingerboard instead of to the right?

Thanks for the visual feast!
I have my soundhole to the right of the fretboard because my bracing requires that I use the space where the soundhole would normally be. It actually doesn't get in the way when playing. I think Chuck Moore does a soundhole on the left side occasionally.

I think I like your basic stuff better. using CNC and having purfling premade isn't as exciting to me. However your ukes sound amazing and that is the most important factor.
No cnc here and I make my own purfling.

Last edited:
Truly, a beautiful work of art -- absolutely stunning!!!! Is there a video of someone playing the uke, per chance -- I'd love to hear it!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the feedback!

I have my soundhole to the right of the fretboard because my bracing requires that I use the space where the soundhole would normally be. It actually doesn't get in the way when playing. I think Chuck Moore does a soundhole on the left side occasionally.

No cnc here and I make my own purfling.

Sweet! More props to you Eric

Wow they are absolutely gorgeous Eric! Drool, ha!

Nice job as always! One day I will own one... one day a long time from now...

Not much more to add to this thread that has not been said...but what stunning work...would love to play one.

Top Bottom