Kawili plays an old Hawaiian song

Fran Guidry

Reaction score
A few years ago I was part of a Hawaiian string band featuring the vocals of Shaun Gavagan. I managed to record a few pieces here and there, this is an old piece called "I Ka Po Ame Ke Au"

Shaun is playing his Kamaka 6 string tenor, Ikaika plays lead on his Adamas uke. I'm plucking away on my Kathy Wingert Model E in taropatch tuning.

I used three cameras to capture the video, but all the audio came through a Zoom H2 in four channel mode.

Fran

A Hui Ho Ahnko, good fo have you on board. Was cruzin thru some of da newer posts and saw yours. Was really surprise wen I saw your name and just wanna thank you fo being part of UU. Also Much Mahalos fo sharing da vids and looking forward to future postings. Malama Pono!

Miss you guy's show at da Strum Shop . . . mebbe next time you and Led come to town . . .

A Hui Ho Ahnko, good fo have you on board. Was cruzin thru some of da newer posts and saw yours. Was really surprise wen I saw your name and just wanna thank you fo being part of UU. Also Much Mahalos fo sharing da vids and looking forward to future postings. Malama Pono!

Miss you guy's show at da Strum Shop . . . mebbe next time you and Led come to town . . .

Thanks so much for the welcome. The Strum Shop show was a delight, one of the warmest audiences ever. Besides Dominator and Michael Keene we had lots of "local kine" folks in the audience.

I have a few more clips of Kawili I plan to post. All the great playing around here makes me wish I could do something on the `ukulele.

Fran

Just one invite if you evah in Sac on a Friday evening . . . get Kanikapila at da L&L on Florin Rd (off of I-5W, Lakecrest Shopping Center). Staht about 6:30 or so or wen most of da folks pau grindz and goes to about 9:45. Bunch of local folks as well as members from da local uke clubs.

Top Bottom