Kamaka Ohta San

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamUke

Reaction score
I purchased this new in late July '12 and really have not played it much. I always wanted one but regret not being abe to spend as much time with it. Spruce top and Koa sides with geared tuners. I am open for trades plus cash on a nice tenor or newer Martin 3 soprano. Buying it outright...$1900 plus shipping CONUS. This is a sweet instrument. Let me know.

ohta1.jpgohta2.jpgphoto.jpg

Here is a link to the uke I purchased.
http://artisanguitars.com/kamaka-custom-shop-hb-2-dsk-spruce/

You should put up a sound file -- I have a Casey Kamaka built Ohta San and it is unbelievable. Don't know if Casey made this one, but if it's anything like mine, the sound should sell this thing straight away.

I purchased this new in late July '12 and really have not played it much. I always wanted one but regret not being abe to spend as much time with it. Spruce top and Koa sides with geared tuners. I am open for trades plus cash on a nice tenor or newer Martin 3 soprano. Buying it outright...$1900 plus shipping CONUS. This is a sweet instrument. Let me know.

View attachment 48756View attachment 48757View attachment 48758

Here is a link to the uke I purchased.
http://artisanguitars.com/kamaka-custom-shop-hb-2-dsk-spruce/

Oops, one of the ukes from the holy grail table.

I have HB-2D all koa already. (I bought from Artisanguitars as you did) Now I'm interested in spruce-top Ohta-san. Can you ship it to Taiwan using USPS ? I can pay total USD 2000 for this uke. Could you accept it ? Please tell me, thanks !

Sorry will not ship overseas.

I really don't want to sell this but I am actually giving the gov't money this year instead of receiving. This has to go since it's sitting in my closet un-played. I would consider a trade plus cash for a newer Martin soprano 3 uke, cherry or hog, or one of the newer hog tenor's...I would alos consider a Kiwaya KTS-7 soprano. Or I will let this go for $1800+shipping. I would consider a Maui Music tenor + cash as well.

Last edited:
I took it off the market for a couple weeks and I really never gave it a chance to sell.

Depends on which Maui Music tenor...The one Soupking got is worth around the same price, he got a great uke!!

Hey Daniel

that Maui Music Dlx worth way more than you think,I tried to get it but just missed..a standard tenor Maui Music no bling at all with regular Koa about the same price as a Kamaka production HF3

my Maui Music is a 1998 plain straight Koa and it still sounds better than ever..Soupking got a real good deal.

Last edited:
Sorry about the inbox, I have freed up some space. I was thinking of an older Maui with the wave headstock. Thanks

Sorry about the inbox, I have freed up some space. I was thinking of an older Maui with the wave headstock. Thanks

Peter calls that his Retro model..those ukes are sent special to Ukulele Pua Pua only..most of his pre-fire ukes have that headstock with a round sound hole

Agreed that Soupking got a great deal. For those of you who care most about sound though, I had a chance to play an ukulele just like the one soupking bought, and had a chance to play some of the other maui music ukes. And I have to tell you that even though the fancy one sounded great, there were a couple that sounded even better that had no fancy decorations on it.

Hey Daniel

that Maui Music Dlx worth way more than you think,I tried to get it but just missed..a standard tenor Maui Music no bling at all with regular Koa about the same price as a Kamaka production HF3

my Maui Music is a 1998 plain straight Koa and it still sounds better than ever..Soupking got a real good deal.

I owned a long neck concert Maui Music with no bling and was one of the best sounding ukes I have ever played....still bummed I sold that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom