Kamaka HF-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Maron

Reaction score
Greetings All:

Here's another instrument I'm selling to pay for upcoming dental work and because it's time to focus more on the women in my life. Keeping a few, but need to be flexible too.

This is a Kamaka HF-3 Tenor with an intalled pickup, although I don't know the brand. I've never plugged it in, but was told it works. There's a small thumb wheel under the lefthand lip of the soundhole and a cordura covered battery holder under the top snugged up along the upper right bout.

I purchased this instrument last summer from the original owner, a Hawaiian who moved to So. Cal. with his family. I mention this because this instrument shows normal signs of wear, which I will specify in the next paragraph. It came in a decently padded but well worn gig bag and now is in an Oahu wooden hard case. I'll throw in the gig bag too.

There are strum marks on top, above and below the sound hole, at the top of the crown - right side - there's a small ding. Bottom of the heel, backside - a small ding. Between the 4th and 5th fret, on the back are some small dings (2 really small and 2 small), from a kitchen accident (previous owner).

I'm detailing these for full disclosure, not because they are significant. Then again, they might be to some people. Not interested in judging, just trying to be accurate. If the attached pictures don't answer your questions, I will provide detailed pictures upon request.

Otherwise, this is a flat out great ukulele. Serial number is 073062, which I believe dates the build to 2007.

I'm asking $750 for the ukulele, gig bag and Oahu hard case, plus $30 shipping to the lower 48 via UPS Ground. If you'd prefer another shipping method, please be willing to pay the additional costs.

Thanks.

Attachments

• kamaka 001.jpg
    kamaka 001.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 014.jpg
    Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 014.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 018.jpg
    Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 018.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 017.jpg
    Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 017.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 021.jpg
    Black Bear and Kamaka Tenor 021.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 168
A very fair price for a great uke. Somebody should snatch this up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom