One man's "trash" is another man's (girl's) treasure

hey_day

Reaction score
So about a year ago (last March to be exact) i posted in the market place that i was looking for a cheap beat up ukulele that sounded nice. I was contacted by the builders of Covered Bridge ukuleles that he had a ukulele that they finished building in october 2011 and sadly had bad batch of finish so there was all sorts of finish cracks spider webbing going on right away. So i of course bought it as it was a brand new great looking ukulele in my mind. Also, i had just found out my wife was pregnant and thought what better thing to have around the house than a ukulele to play with a baby (i have guitars all over the place but ukulele seemed a better fit). So in October 2012, when the Ukulele is a year old, my daughter Emerson was born. So, the ukulele is hers and always will be. Might be awhile until she can do anything with it, or she may not even want to play it, but its hers.
So, by random luck and generosity from the folks at covered bridge an heirloom was made.
83D8C0D1-3A1A-46ED-9B8B-F057902A36ED-5650-00000554652DD9B1.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww... what else can you say!

Darling baby, great dad, fine uke from quality company—a big win for all.

Play and sing for Emerson every day and feel the love between you grow.

Great story. Heartwarming and adorable.

Cool, she's already playing half way up the neck! You aren't teaching her to play lefty are you?

p.s. I'll take that type of "trash" anyday

She is a beautiful baby.... and... let's face it... most of them ain't! But she's lovely! What a cute photo and what a nice looking "second" :)

Look, she's already trying to fret chords and is smiling.....looks like a ukulele player to me!

Top Bottom