12-fret concert?

Chap

Reaction score
For several reasons, I don't really like fretboards that extend over the top of the uke. But, I also like at least a concert-sized neck. Anyone know of options for this that would cost less than the Kiwaya KTC-1?

a207917131f2e3bfdee7eb_m.jpg

Hi Chap,

if more than 12 frets are okay as long as there's no extending fretboard, take a look at LÂG Ukuleles, or the flea concert (only 2 extending frets).

An other possibility could be a custom Brüko Soprano Longneck.

Cheers,
Linho

compass rose has a floating fretboard....if you mean you want the soundboard to vibrate more freely...

Hi - this is not answering your question, but just to note that I got a KTC-1 about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. The size is really perfect for me and I love how easy it is to play. I don't know other models to recommend, but I endorse the size & style.

Hi - this is not answering your question, but just to note that I got a KTC-1 about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. The size is really perfect for me and I love how easy it is to play. I don't know other models to recommend, but I endorse the size & style.

Yeah, I played one at Dusty Strings about a year ago, and I loved it, but $700 is a little out of my budget at the moment. (okay, a lot out of my budget) :p

Are you asking about something like this?

uke%2010%2018%201.jpg

Try Eastman Ukuleles for a concert sized uke without the extended fretboard. They are a pretty accurate Martin copy. I think they should be in the $250 - $300 range....

For several reasons, I don't really like fretboards that extend over the top of the uke. But, I also like at least a concert-sized neck. Anyone know of options for this that would cost less than the Kiwaya KTC-1?

View attachment 48778

I know Lopronsi Makes one.. Or at least Donna did for Steve Boisen of The Barnkickers :)

Vintage Martin concert. May not be completely "minty" but it'll never lose value and can be had for around seven hundred bucks. They come on EBay occasionally.

Am I weird, but I actually prefer the neck and fretboard from my soprano to my concert? But I like the deeper tone from the concert...... Does such a uke exist that has a concert body and soprano neck??

In an absolutely ideal word, the neck would be fractionally wider so that I had more space for my fingers.....but I guess I'm pushing it now.......

Oh - sorry if this comes across as a hijack.........

Am I weird, but I actually prefer the neck and fretboard from my soprano to my concert?
Oh - sorry if this comes across as a hijack.........

I see why you're name is Chaos! What sort of weird hijacker are you?

Just kidding, of course, but while such a thing is possible, you'd only end up with around 10 frets to the body - you'd definitely want to extend the fretboard with a situation like that.

All of these "oddball" desires are what keep custom builders in business.
My Soprano body does double duty as a concert scale uke.
12 or 14 frets to the body, you are just moving the bridge around a bit. It does affect the tone, but it sounds good either way.
Neck width? Whatcha want?

Top Bottom